The Student Room Group

Intercalated degree after 2 years of MBBS - reduced student finance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunnybacon

Quick question, when you were applying for the loan did you change the name of your course or just put it as the next year of Medicine? Because I changed the course to the title of my iBsc and now they're apparently giving me £0 for the tuition fees! I don't know if I've done something completely wrong or if it's all their fault lol.
Original post by oHellno
Quick question, when you were applying for the loan did you change the name of your course or just put it as the next year of Medicine? Because I changed the course to the title of my iBsc and now they're apparently giving me £0 for the tuition fees! I don't know if I've done something completely wrong or if it's all their fault lol.

I changed the course too, that's what I was told to do. They still haven't sorted out this bloody maintenance loan issue :mad:

Yeah, on the letter I received it said I'd be getting £0 for tuition fees too! But then when I rang them I checked it with them and they said it still says £9000 on their system. And also, when I look online, it says £9000, must be a glitch with their letter printing :smile:

Are you having the same issue as me with the maintenance loan by the way?
Reply 22
Original post by sunnybacon
I changed the course too, that's what I was told to do. They still haven't sorted out this bloody maintenance loan issue :mad:

Yeah, on the letter I received it said I'd be getting £0 for tuition fees too! But then when I rang them I checked it with them and they said it still says £9000 on their system. And also, when I look online, it says £9000, must be a glitch with their letter printing :smile:

Are you having the same issue as me with the maintenance loan by the way?

SFE are a nightmare. I have the same problem as you do, both with the tuition and maintenance loans, though my tuition fee loan is currently zero. Let the phoning begin...
Original post by cmkable
SFE are a nightmare. I have the same problem as you do, both with the tuition and maintenance loans, though my tuition fee loan is currently zero. Let the phoning begin...

Mine said £0 on the letter for tuition fees, but online it still says £9000 :/
As for maintenance loan, they just didn't get back to me after they said they would. So I've emailed their Appeals department again, about a week ago - still nothing. :mad:

Also, is it just me are your payments not scheduled either? Looking at my online schedule, I see my previous two years' loans, but not the upcoming year :/

EDIT2: Received a letter in the post today from Student Finance! An updated Entitlement letter with the correct amounts of £9000 (tuition) and £5038 (maintenance)...success!
It only took 2 months of phone calls, letter writing, more phone calls, chasing up via emails :confused:

If anyone else has the same problem I did, write a letter (personally I think it looks more authoritative than email) to their Appeals department, explaining the situation exactly - that you're intercalating and so it isn't your final year etc. After a couple of weeks I had an email saying it's not for the Appeals department (which doesn't make much sense) so they've passed it on to the correct department, who'll contact me in due course. Still nothing after a month, so I sent an email to Appeals attaching their previous email. STILL no reply from anyone, but this letter has come so it looks like they did something. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending