The Student Room Group

Global Perspective and Research as a fourth AS subject

Hi guys, I'm new here.

Wondering whether Global Perspective would be a good substitute for the fourth AS subject. And if so, do medical universities look upon it favorably?
Reply 1
I've never even heard of this before. Is this an A Level or some sort of equivalent qualification? The thing is that if it isn't an A Level then I don't think medicine will like it very much but it may depend on the Uni they you're applying to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's actually a Cambridge Pre-U subject. Here's an excerpt from the CIE website:

Universities tell us that Cambridge Pre-U Global Perspectives and Research (GPR) is an excellent preparation for undergraduate study as it gives real evidence of independent, critical thinking. Cambridge Pre-U GPR is taught as two successive one-year courses, with the Research Report growing seamlessly out of the skills introduced and developed as part of the Global Perspectives course.
Cambridge Pre-U GPR is an excellent alternative to Critical Thinking, General Studies and the Extended Project, and is very attractive for schools looking for curriculum enrichment programmes. It enthuses learners by offering the opportunity for open debate and research on their own topic.

Reply 3
Well that sounds interesting. I think for a 4th subject I see no problem with it. It sounds pretty good actually. Just to be safe though check on the Internet or something to see if it's accepted by the unis you're planning to go to but as a 4th AS I see no reason why it shouldn't be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest