The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

University Accommodation 2014 - Q&A Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I was wondering how many accommodation choices you're allowed to apply for? and since I only live in Liverpool do I have a good chance at getting accommodation as I wouldn't be able to commute in everyday? Thanks
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Hi becca I live in liverpool and they wouldn't give me accommodation as I live to close best bet is to go private or house share, I commute everyday. So I know your pain.

Original post by Becca.H96
Hi, I was wondering how many accommodation choices you're allowed to apply for? and since I only live in Liverpool do I have a good chance at getting accommodation as I wouldn't be able to commute in everyday? Thanks
Hello i live 55 miles away from the university
I have a place for next year (parkgate campus) I have a few questions
I'm wanting to apply for self catered ensuite accommodation... how likely is it that i would get this if i firm you?
And how likely if i insure you?

Also can we pick the specific hall we want to apply to - i'd like to apply for Grosvenor house

Many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
Hello i live 55 miles away from the university
I have a place for next year (parkgate campus) I have a few questions
I'm wanting to apply for self catered ensuite accommodation... how likely is it that i would get this if i firm you?
And how likely if i insure you?

Also can we pick the specific hall we want to apply to - i'd like to apply for Grosvenor house

Many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi - thanks for your message.

Applications open in March 2015, so if you've selected Chester as either your firm or insurance choice you will be able to apply for accommodation online.

As the University is not able to accommodate all first year undergraduate students, we take into account the following criteria:

University of Chester as first choice of study.

Geographical location of your home base. Places are allocated to those who live the furthest from the University - radius does vary year to year, depending on the amount of applicants we have.

Special needs or circumstances e.g. special medical conditions and care learners.

Late application - Students who are offered a place through Clearing or an Insurance choice are unlikely to be allocated a place in University accommodation ( if your not allocated university accommodation, we can provide a list of approved student private sector properties)

Instead of applying for a specific residence, students are required to list 6 types of accommodation ( self catered standard, self catered en-suite, semi catered, full board en-suite, full board standard, studio flat ( Grosvenor) in order of preference.
Whilst we will try to match students' specific preferences it is not always possible. Many of the options will be oversubscribed so it may be necessary to offer you a type of accommodation that is not your first choice on your list of preferences.

Further information can be found on our website www.chester.ac.uk/accommodation

Hope this helps.

Soph.

Accommodation Office.
Original post by Soph@accomm
Hi - thanks for your message.

Applications open in March 2015, so if you've selected Chester as either your firm or insurance choice you will be able to apply for accommodation online.

As the University is not able to accommodate all first year undergraduate students, we take into account the following criteria:

University of Chester as first choice of study.

Geographical location of your home base. Places are allocated to those who live the furthest from the University - radius does vary year to year, depending on the amount of applicants we have.

Special needs or circumstances e.g. special medical conditions and care learners.

Late application - Students who are offered a place through Clearing or an Insurance choice are unlikely to be allocated a place in University accommodation ( if your not allocated university accommodation, we can provide a list of approved student private sector properties)

Instead of applying for a specific residence, students are required to list 6 types of accommodation ( self catered standard, self catered en-suite, semi catered, full board en-suite, full board standard, studio flat ( Grosvenor) in order of preference.
Whilst we will try to match students' specific preferences it is not always possible. Many of the options will be oversubscribed so it may be necessary to offer you a type of accommodation that is not your first choice on your list of preferences.

Further information can be found on our website www.chester.ac.uk/accommodation

Hope this helps.

Soph.

Accommodation Office.

Why can't you pick specific locations? What happens if you get given a room your can't afford as your loan doesn't cover it as in my case as I can only afford up to £4000
Reply 125
Shame there aren't more pictures on the accommodation pages of the university website. The main thing stopping me from applying for Chester is the fact I have no idea what the rooms look like in the halls.
Reply 126
Original post by MeMe95
Shame there aren't more pictures on the accommodation pages of the university website. The main thing stopping me from applying for Chester is the fact I have no idea what the rooms look like in the halls.

You can come to our applicants day in January to have a look around! :biggrin:
Reply 127
Original post by Becca.H96
Why can't you pick specific locations? What happens if you get given a room your can't afford as your loan doesn't cover it as in my case as I can only afford up to £4000

You can decline the offer and look for private accommodation, or you can accept it then ask to switch rooms once you're moved in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending