The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

When can I move into the Lancaster University's Accomodation?

I was confused with the information presented on the school website that there is a commuter welcome event on 27th September, but the other page told me that I can only collect my key at 10 o'clock of 30th September.
Reply 1
Original post by lukezuo
I was confused with the information presented on the school website that there is a commuter welcome event on 27th September, but the other page told me that I can only collect my key at 10 o'clock of 30th September.

Unless you are an international student you move in date will be 30th of September at 10o'clock. The commuter welcome event im pretty certain its for students who do not have accommodation in Lancaster and commute to lessons be it via the train or car/bus. Commuters still have to choose a college as thats whom they will be graduating with, so they will meet other commuters of the same college.
(edited 7 months ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
related Q, rather than start a new thread

How chaotic is drop off day? My daughter has been packing for weeks and I don't think everything will go in the car, and then there is the getting stuff from the car to the room . . .

FWIW We've been asked to park on Alexandra Park Dr for Pendle, which seems a long way away - am I right in thinking Pendle is in two parts with some of it (blocks 24 to 29) next to Londsdale?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by ChiefBrody

How chaotic is drop off day? My daughter has been packing for weeks and I don't think everything will go in the car, and then there is the getting stuff from the car to the room . . .

FWIW We've been asked to park on Alexandra Park Dr for Pendle, which seems a long way away - am I right in thinking Pendle is in two parts with some of it (blocks 24 to 29) next to Londsdale?

Hi there,

I was in Lonsdale for my first year and there is some of Pendle next to it so it shouldn't be too far from Alexandra Park Drive.

Personally, I didn't find drop off day too chaotic, there is lots of people about that will help show you where you need to go. Everyone tends to arrive at different times throughout the day as well so it feels a bit more relaxed. Plus most of the staircases in the accommodation are big enough to pass people on which helps when taking stuff up to the room.

Getting everything in the car is still a game of Tetris for me and I'm in fourth year so you would think I would be able pack better by now. I'm sure it'll be fine, Please feel free to ask me any questions.

- Amy (Lancaster Student Ambassador) :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ChiefBrody

Daughter we dropped at grizedale townhouse and we parked on Grizedale avenue. Ideally we should have parked further down on Pendle Avenue as her townhouse was on that side. Pendle is in two parts. From what ive seen on vlogs on you tube ensuites are on south west campus, where standard is on the spine next to grizedale. Maze map is really good, it shows the flats when you drill them down a bit closer https://use.mazemap.com/#v=1&config=lancaster&center=-2.780372,54.008809&zoom=13.9
Blocks 24/29 from what im looking on the map is coniston/Buttermere?
You could park where ive marked in blue? Theres no harm giving those places a go first and if they are busy, you can go back around and park on Alexandra park drive. Ive also parked on southdrive where ive marked in blue during open day and that was fine.
lancs south west.JPG
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending