The Student Room Group

MSc Finance at Tilburg (NL), Groningen (NL) or Robert Gordon (UK)

Hello everybody,

I really don't know which MSc program I should choose.

I have been admitted into both Tilburg and Groningen University to pursue a MSc Finance and into Robert Gordon uni to do a MSc Financial Management.

I know that all 3 are good university but which one gives you the best preparation and has the best job prospects?

I also thought about choosing the aging, pensions and retirement track (netspar) offered by Tilburg University in MSc Finance, do you think that studying such a specialized sector is worth it?
Congrats for your applications :smile:

Not being my discipline my information is very limited, however I will try to give you an opinion nonetheless. Tilburg is a top institution for economics. They are very strong for research (I remember having seen they are in the top 20 in the world for research in economics). It should also be a university that gives you the possibility of a very strong quantitative training, which is extremely useful especially if you specialize in finance. And given current demographic trends, I guess that the specialization you mentioned has indeed prospects, in particular if you are interested in working in or in contact with agencies of the public sector.

Then, both the other universities, as you said, are good. Anyways I guess you should consider where you would like to work afterwards. If you like the idea of staying in the Netherlands, Tilburg gives you an incredible advantage. If you like the idea of working in continental Europe, Tilburg or Groningen would both be good choices, but maybe Tilburg>Groningen. If you want to stay in the UK Robert Gordon might be a good choice, but my feeling is that - again - Tilburg>RGU. Anyways on this you should probably wait for people studying or working in finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending