The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Msc Data Science (UCL) 2024/25

Hello, I have applied to Msc Data Science at UCL at the end of November, but it still says "applicaiton under assesment". Has anyone had an answer for this program?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cfds123
Hello, I have applied to Msc Data Science at UCL at the end of November, but it still says "applicaiton under assesment". Has anyone had an answer for this program?

Hey! Have you already heard back?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by dutchmilk
Hey! Have you already heard back?

Did you apply to this course as well? I received my offer for this course in February
Original post by J0e1ss
Did you apply to this course as well? I received my offer for this course in February

Not quite, I applied for DSML and AIDE. Congrats on your offer !!
Reply 4
Not quite, I applied for DSML and AIDE. Congrats on your offer !!

Thanks :smile:, out of curiosity, are you coming from NL? Based on your name haha
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by J0e1ss
Out of curiosity, are you coming from NL? Based on your name haha

😂 I get asked that a lot lmao. Nope—it’s just a random milk brand (dutchmill)
Reply 6
😂 I get asked that a lot lmao. Nope—it’s just a random milk brand (dutchmill)

Ah fair enough 😂.
Original post by J0e1ss

Hi again! I’d like to know more about what the progression of your application statuses was like, following “application under assessment”. Did they require further qualification checks or what not? Thanks! ☺️
Reply 8
Hi again! I’d like to know more about what the progression of your application statuses was like, following “application under assessment”. Did they require further qualification checks or what not? Thanks! ☺️

Nope, no more checks. Just got an email telling me there was an update to the portal and when I checked the status had changed to ‘Conditional offer.’ I applied in early November so took like 12 weeks including the Christmas period.
Original post by J0e1ss
Nope, no more checks. Just got an email telling me there was an update to the portal and when I checked the status had changed to ‘Conditional offer.’ I applied in early November so took like 12 weeks including the Christmas period.

Ah I see, are you a home or international student?
I asked around in other threads and learned that some people got the qual. check form and “assessment being processed by admission” status shortly before their conditional offers.
Reply 10
Ah I see, are you a home or international student?
I asked around in other threads and learned that some people got the qual. check form and “assessment being processed by admission” status shortly before their conditional offers.

I came from the EU to do my undergrad in the U.K as a British citizen, so my university currently sees me as an in between case. I pay home fees because of a post-brexit grace period but I’m treated as an international in everything else. Given my undergraduate degree will be from a U.K university I don’t think they needed to check anything.
Original post by J0e1ss
I came from the EU to do my undergrad in the U.K as a British citizen, so my university currently sees me as an in between case. I pay home fees because of a post-brexit grace period but I’m treated as an international in everything else. Given my undergraduate degree will be from a U.K university I don’t think they needed to check anything.

Oh, that’s neat! Are you waiting on other offers or will you be accepting UCL’s :0 ?
Reply 12
Oh, that’s neat! Are you waiting on other offers or will you be accepting UCL’s :0 ?

I have Edinburgh as well, but I’m going to choose UCL. How about you?
Original post by J0e1ss
I have Edinburgh as well, but I’m going to choose UCL. How about you?

I’m still waiting on all my top choices (UCL and King’s) 🫠 + 3 offers elsewhere as backup.
Reply 14
I’m still waiting on all my top choices (UCL and King’s) 🫠 + 3 offers elsewhere as backup.

hey, I'm waiting on UCL for DSML as well! I've got an offer by King's for their msc data science. did you apply to that one as well?
Original post by vapor12
hey, I'm waiting on UCL for DSML as well! I've got an offer by King's for their msc data science. did you apply to that one as well?

Yes! Congrats on your offer, when did you apply for both?
Reply 16
Yes! Congrats on your offer, when did you apply for both?

thanks! I applied for King's back in Nov/Dec and got the offer about 2 weeks ago. I applied for UCL on 30/31 Jan! when did you apply to UCL?
Reply 17
Original post by vapor12

I applied to that one at King’s as well but got rejected quite quickly. I think i applied early November and got my rejection early December 😂.
Original post by vapor12
thanks! I applied for King's back in Nov/Dec and got the offer about 2 weeks ago. I applied for UCL on 30/31 Jan! when did you apply to UCL?

I applied to both in early March—I honestly didn’t expect many people applying to UK unis do so nearly a year before the start date! So I’m a bit anxious wondering if I may have been too late 🫠
Reply 19
I applied to both in early March—I honestly didn’t expect many people applying to UK unis do so nearly a year before the start date! So I’m a bit anxious wondering if I may have been too late 🫠

I just wanted to get my applications in ASAP because of the rolling admissions. You should be fine as long as the applications are still open, the only risk with applying later is that they might have a very limited number of spots left

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending