The Student Room Group

Russia would be no match for the EU

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LordTavares
The bold part don't work cause we don't speak all the same language.
As a military myself from Portugal I would say only small unit should work as international units. We need to care for the person next to us, or else it will turn like an FPS game with one life. The best possible way was to assign to each country a mission, and to function as all units.

You should have to change to some main country law's cause in Portugal we only answer to Portuguese State and OTAN services, nothing to do with Europe itself.

But I support this term, if we want a true Europe Union, we need economy and military power together.

Like Europol it would fairly easy to pick a common language to use while on Euro operations.

I'm not sure i'd be willing to give the EU control of our armed forces (to me that's a bigger objection than the Euro) because as a rich country i think we have the capability to match Russia ourselves if we increase the defense budget but i do support the wider Euro-zone developing a common armed forces to match primary nations (Russia is secondary) which to me are the USA, India and China (as well as a one country Euro-zone).

Original post by serebro
I can see that they'd probably equalise each other, with Europe probably winning if it got help. Europe depends on Russia for energy, and Russia could take that away from us causing a major hinderence in Europe. However, Europe could bring the Russia economy down and really screw over their government, bringing them into a recession.

China would be reluctant to help Russia, since despite their history, China has fairly good ties with Europe now, particularly as one of their biggest trade partners are the EU. India would again be reluctant since the UK/Commonwealth are its allies, and of course a lot British Indians here would put them off attacking. Heck, even North Korea might get involved.

If these two nations did get involved and it got global, I'm pretty confident the USA, Canada, Brazil and Australia would arrive on the scene and defend Europe. If China got involved, Japan (with South Korea maybe) would stop any Chinese intervention.

Nuclear warfare would probably be avoided since if Russia bombed Europe, the UN would punish Russia severely. Despite Russia's size, one nuclear bomb on Moscow would bring the whole nation down to its knees. Meanwhile, the EU has so many capitals spread around all over the place, it would be hard to weaken them.

Energy would not be a problem unless war broke out in a surprise attack. The EU has huge coal reserves and could switch from Russian gas to coal in around a year so if there was a real threat of war you'd see a massive switch from dependent nations while the likes of the UK who are not dependent would be able to export their coal fueling expansion of the military. Even if the USA were not involved militarily they'd also be able to export gas to Europe.
@Rakas21

You are right, and many special op's don't even talk during theatre scene.

Regarding energy, it was a bit "easy". Giving the example of Portugal we have a lot of oil companies in African soils extracting to us. It is said that greece have even more in natural gas than russia, and the southern country could quickly make investment in renewal energy like sun, eolic, and sea since Portugal, Spain, France, Greece have it in some ways. Its all a matter of wanting.

(sorry my english)
[h="1"]“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Albert Einstein
[/h]
Reply 63
Original post by tehFrance
You forget that Germany is pro-Russian, their economies are quite intertwined and it's currently what's holding Putin back as Merkel is the force not sanctions or anything else but Merkel, the most powerful woman, and probably the most powerful person, in the world currently.

Russia would rape Central and Eastern Europe with ease, war would enable Russia to take back what they rightfully see as theirs although that said, most of the younger generation don't want war nor do they support Putin.

War wouldn't be fought with nuclear weapons, China and Russia are only tied economically not much else and no clue where India comes into play with either country as both aren't on good terms with India. A federal EU will have Germans at the helm, good luck getting them to go to war.

Russia will be a superpower once more, just you wait.

I disagree. Like I said, if the EU had a combined military, Russia would look paltry in comparison.

I don't see how Russia would rape Central and Eastern Europe with ease, IF there was an EU military. Again look at what I said. The EU has more than 4x the population of Russia, that's 4x the source of manpower to draw from. The EU has huge industrial capacity compared to Russia and is more technologically advanced, which means we can produce more cheaper and quicker. Warfare has changed too, not in Russia's favour. It's more about the quality of your equipment, not the amount of it you have (even if it was, the EU have much more equipment than Russia and be able to produce much more). Russia is also much poorer than the EU. The quality of the personnel in the Russian armed forces is also very substandard, they have a conscript military beset with scandals and bureaucracy (they have something like over 1000 generals). Then there's the equipment, sadly languishing behind the West, take that picture of the 1950's bomber the RAF intercepted...
Original post by tehFrance
You forget that Germany is pro-Russian, their economies are quite intertwined and it's currently what's holding Putin back as Merkel is the force not sanctions or anything else but Merkel, the most powerful woman, and probably the most powerful person, in the world currently.

Russia would rape Central and Eastern Europe with ease, war would enable Russia to take back what they rightfully see as theirs although that said, most of the younger generation don't want war nor do they support Putin.

War wouldn't be fought with nuclear weapons, China and Russia are only tied economically not much else and no clue where India comes into play with either country as both aren't on good terms with India. A federal EU will have Germans at the helm, good luck getting them to go to war.

Russia will be a superpower once more, just you wait.

Merkel is the most powerful person in the world?

:toofunny:
I would imagine that Russia could effortlessly continue and Europe wouldn't do anything? Why? Because europeans have become so decadent and so convenient with modern day life, that they'll never forsake their current life just so they could meet their end in a filthy ditch for some abstract union. The pussified hipsters and liberals won't lift a finger.

Compare that with your average russian that lives in a small town in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do apart from drinking and doing drugs. Here they have a chance to experience triumph and a sense of accomplishment through conquest and obviously, this is preferrable to the pathetic outlook they have at home. You must also take into account that while russians may have their differences with the leadership, they still love their country and they're willing to die for their country. I honestly doubt that your average left wing brit, who cynically defends multiculturalism by saying that there is no such thing as ''british'' or ''britishness'', is going to fight for some kind of abstract idea they don't even acknowledge.
Poroshenko wins Ukranian election on May 25.

Russian separatist uprisings and referendums continue starting in Sumy and Zhytomyr, Russia annexes these provinces, spreading throughout neighbouring provinces until reaching already annexed east Ukraine.

In India, Modi encourages nationalism and Hindu religious pride, causing tensions with Muslims to rise.

Modi is assassinated in a terrorist attack and Indian Hindu tensions with Muslims causes Pakistan to intervene militarily; the US sends troops to back India on the precept that Modi was assassinated.

Sunni Muslims in Crimea and Russian separatists in annexed provinces, along with the Russian army, fight NATO and Ukrainian troops. Poroshenko is assassinated and Tymoshenko put in charge.

Vietnam and Japan dispute with China and are backed by the US.

In the UK, Scotland votes for independence and subsequently in Great Britain and Northern Ireland UKIP rises to power and retains British EU membership.

Irish troubles explode, causing IRA attacks and simultaneous Muslim attacks occur throughout the UK in response to Indo-Pakistani conflict.

EU countries led by Germany and the US send troops to fight alongside NATO to back Tymoshenko.

China, followed by Iran/Turkey/Syria/Pakistan, back Russia and India.

Japan and South Korea back the EU/US.

The US, defeating Russia, moves towards China and simultaneously sends troops from New Zealand\Australia\The Philippines towards the Middle East and Vietnam/Japan.

North Korea attacks South Korea and nukes Los Angeles.

After that it is basically nukes flying left right and centre. Well, left or right in relation to who is firing them. And if you're being fired at as a civilian, they universally come from one direction - ABOVE.

Biological and chemical warfare throughout. Expect rabies. And lots of tear gas and pepper spray. Oh wait, chemical warfare is already ****ing happening. In civilised countries. Expect it in your country sooner than you think.
(edited 9 years ago)
In addition, Israel has the missing Malaysian plane, it landed at an American base and was given to Israel so that they can fly it into members of the British Royal family in a false flag attack which will drag the reluctant UK into all of this. Of course, Muslim extremists will be blamed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending