The Student Room Group

Good History A-Level resources

I am doing OCR A Level with Britain 1930-97, French Rule and Napoleon and Russia 1851-1964.
I am struggling to find good resources.
I am making my own flashcards on Quizlet and finding past paper questions, but they are few and far between.
Does anyone know of any other good resources?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CatLover1
I am doing OCR A Level with Britain 1930-97, French Rule and Napoleon and Russia 1951-1997.
I am making my own flashcards on Quizlet and finding past paper questions, but they are few and far between.

Seneca might be good however I don’t do ocr I do aqa. The student room also have a lot of resources on their get revising page it would be worth it to give that a try, hope this helps❤️
I also do Ocr and the revison resources available to us are so scarce it’s so annoying but for russia I do a diff course to you; well I think it’s the same course yours is just a longer period of time than ours cuz there’s 2 options. Anywyas there’s a guy on YouTube called learning academy who has a whole playlist for both mine and your course. He does other exam boards too but choose the right one and yeah he does other topics as well but unfortunately my ones aren’t on there I’m not sure if yours are but just have a look and see
Hope this helped ❤️
Original post by Rayaannn
Seneca might be good however I don’t do ocr I do aqa. The student room also have a lot of resources on their get revising page it would be worth it to give that a try, hope this helps❤️

I am doing OCR A Level with Britain 1930-97, French Rule and Napoleon and Russia 1951-1997.
Reply 3
Sorry 1851-1964 for Russia
(edited 1 year ago)
I am doing OCR A Level with Britain 1930-97, French Rule and Napoleon and Russia 1851-1964.

Hey, I've just seen this and if you need help with resources I'm happy to help!! I did last years papers on those same exact topics and got an A* in each of my papers so if you need anything/have any questions let me know
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by iron_felix
Hey, I've just seen this and if you need help with resources I'm happy to help!! I did last years papers on those same exact topics so if you need anything/have any questions let me know

I would also say if the best way to revise with your thematic essays is to do mind maps e.g if you were looking at repression you would have that as your main focus then each branch from their would be the different leaders and the ways they used repression like censorship, the secret police etc. Then as you give the facts for those you can look at similarities between each leader and highlight them in one colour and then differences in another and explain those. This will help you so much when it comes to writing the essays as you would have then looked at each theme and will know how to separate your points into paragraphs and be able to explain them hitting all the marks you need.
Oh also if you want I can share the flashcards I made on quizlet (I think I have mainly the ones I did for Russia) which you can then copy and save to use, I think I still have quite a few of my notes left, and I have Britain essay questions for the 20 marker that you can look at
Original post by iron_felix
Hey, I've just seen this and if you need help with resources I'm happy to help!! I did last years papers on those same exact topics and got an A* in each of my papers so if you need anything/have any questions let me know

omg please please can you send me one of your higher marked 20 markers. i’m struggling so bad and my history teacher is basically useless. thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending