The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -sophia-
No, i should be doing english!!!

Ahhgh, me to -_- I've got to read the whole of kinder transport and do some of mice and men :frown:
Original post by lyricalvibe
Wait, what? Hubbles law in core?

Its in my revision guide for triple science?
How much does 25% affect your grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 203
What should we revise for tomorrow literature
Ahhgh, me to -_- I've got to read the whole of kinder transport and do some of mice and men :frown:

Ive got Lord of the Flies and Of Mice and Men :frown:
I have The Woman in Black and To Kill a Mockingbird -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its in my revision guide for triple science?

It might be in the triple or add sections but I don't think it's In the core section :? I may be wrong though :/
Reply 207
Original post by Teecesay
How much does 25% affect your grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Affects a quarter of your grade... :tongue: It can be brought up with your coursework and the other two exams, so don't worry.
For thr green light one i basically figured out my answer around energy deposited = number of photons * energy of each photon.

So i did a bit of rearranging to find out the number of photons if i already knew the intensity and energy of each..

Not sure of thats right though

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys say for the question where two scientists were discussing about their formula for calculating the constant of Earth and Uranus? You had to say whether the data you had filled in showed anything
(edited 9 years ago)
Ive got Lord of the Flies and Of Mice and Men :frown:

Of mice and men shouldn't be too bad, especially if curly comes up as predictions say but the play I might just fail :frown: I'm just gonna try and compensate with poetry :/ how you feeling for them?
Reply 211
Help on literature of mice and men and inspector calls
Of mice and men shouldn't be too bad, especially if curly comes up as predictions say but the play I might just fail :frown: I'm just gonna try and compensate with poetry :/ how you feeling for them?

Yep! Im hoping for either Curley, Carlson, The Dream or loneliness! I find poetry so much better so ill probably do the same! Nervous to be honest, i really dont like English Lit :frown:
Reply 213
are you guys going to do the extract question tomorrow
Reply 214
Original post by romaiseb
What did you guys say for the question where two scientists were discussing about their formula for calculating the ___ of Earth and Uranus? You had to say whether the data you had filled in showed anything

I had no idea, I put some crap about Dr Hardy being right because I liked the name (didn't write that though) and something about accuracy and reliability - had no idea what to put and normally with things like that it's about accuracy.
Original post by Sulfur
I had no idea, I put some crap about Dr Hardy being right because I liked the name (didn't write that though) and something about accuracy and reliability - had no idea what to put and normally with things like that it's about accuracy.

I had no idea either so i think i put they needed to collect more data to compare but that is definitely not right!
Original post by Sulfur

haha that's brilliant - I said that it didn't show me anything because the values for Uranus were far greater than that of Earth - I just made it up as well :L

----

What did everyone else get for this question?
For the fridge question, did anyone else put that a modern fridge may not fit into the rustic aesthetic of the kitchen?
Original post by romaiseb
haha that's brilliant - I said that it didn't show me anything because the values for Uranus were far greater than that of Earth - I just made it up as well :L

----

What did everyone else get for this question?

I said Dr Raman or the whatever the man's name was was right because the constant should have been larger for Uranus than it was for Earth but this was the other way around for Hardy and therefore doesn't accurately reflect the relationship between the speed and the orbital thing
Original post by AlfredGD
For the fridge question, did anyone else put that a modern fridge may not fit into the rustic aesthetic of the kitchen?

I think you could have put that disposing of old fridges releases CFCs and this is harmful to the environment because it leads to holes in the ozone layer.

But I put that the extra functions in a modern fridge ie ice makers or touch screen controllers need more maintenance and therefore will add to the costs :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending