The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Hello.

Well, the exams are only a couple of days away for Unit 1 (CBP1-3) and then there's a lovely break before Unit 2 and 3 (CBP4-6, 7) - so, I've created this thread to discuss the topics, potential questions and to help each other (and share answers after the exams of course! :smile:).

Are you ready?

EDIT: CBP7 June 2013 question papers with mark schemes are on page 79, post 1573 by user 'mehjt006.310'
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can someone help me on P4 & 5, i'm struggling to grasp the concepts. I have the CGP books but they're not the most helpful book on the subject
Reply 2
Original post by g.l.a.4559
i have all these exams too:/... im definitely not ready! does anyone else struggle with the 6 mark questions?

I try and write all that I can to be honest. I use the formal of just PE (Point, explanation) and try and do this 3-4 times.
Original post by danbomb123
Can someone help me on P4 & 5, i'm struggling to grasp the concepts. I have the CGP books but they're not the most helpful book on the subject

I'm going to revise P4 and 5 after CBP1-3. P5 is really difficult though :s-smilie:
Any predictions for chemistry six markers on Thursday?
Reply 4
I thought that it was alright. They keep recycling the genetic testing questions as 6 markers. Nice easy 3 marker for the carbon cycle and the last question too. I hope that it went alright!
Hmm, I do all these exams but did all the Biology in Year 10 so we have all the Chemistry and Physics to do this year -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by It's-Ruby
Any predictions for chemistry six markers on Thursday?

Personally:

C1 - early atmosphere
C2 - nanotechnology
C3 - processes to make limestone, coal and salt OR comparing mining techniques
Reply 7
Original post by Sulfur
Personally:

C1 - early atmosphere
C2 - nanotechnology
C3 - processes to make limestone, coal and salt OR comparing mining techniques

hopefully!!

has everyone finished CBP 7? our school is so behind and we havent finished C7 or even started B7 yet :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by -sophia-
hopefully!!

has everyone finished CBP 7? our school is so behind and we havent finished C7 or even started B7 yet :frown:

We've finished them all, but we had to learn some of it at home. I'd recommend getting a book and learning 7's after your 123 exams :s-smilie:.

Original post by kaytaylou
Yeah the six markers werent too bad, the maths questions were pretty easy too!

The punnett square (25%) was kind of a maths question, cardiac questions were fine too - anything else mathsy?
hopefully!!

The 7s are the hardest and so need the most work, but the grade boundaries are always really low because it's a hard exam (most of the time for C7 you need just over 50% to get an A*) so I wouldn't worry about them too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigergirl8282
The 7s are the hardest and so need the most work, but the grade boundaries are always really low because it's a hard exam (most of the time for C7 you need just over 50% to get an A*) so I wouldn't worry about them too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep im going to have to spend aaaaages on them! okay thankyou!
Reply 11
yep im going to have to spend aaaaages on them! okay thankyou!

There's only been one C7 exam (June) and an A* was 37 and an A was 32 so it isn't bad.
Reply 12
Original post by kaytaylou
Yeah area of a circle :smile:

Ah yup! Was that 2 or 3 marks I forgot? (201.06mm2 one)
Reply 13
What will the grades boundaries be around for an A*/A/B?
when do we get to see a mark scheme for the exam? (B1 B2 B3)
Reply 15
Original post by Invest
What will the grades boundaries be around for an A*/A/B?

A* has been between 39-43
A has been between 31-36
B is normally mid 20's
Reply 16
Original post by kellenfish
when do we get to see a mark scheme for the exam? (B1 B2 B3)

This time next year probably. I doubt that anyone would do an unofficial one.
I'm doing Chemistry this year. C1-C3 Test on Thursday.

Ready for it?
Reply 18
Original post by TheLongGame
I'm doing Chemistry this year. C1-C3 Test on Thursday.

Ready for it?

Sort of! :smile:
processes to make limestone?? I don't remember learning that :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest