Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

Well, the exams are only a couple of days away for Unit 1 (CBP1-3) and then there's a lovely break before Unit 2 and 3 (CBP4-6, 7) - so, I've created this thread to discuss the topics, potential questions and to help each other (and share answers after the exams of course! ).

Are you ready?

EDIT: CBP7 June 2013 question papers with mark schemes are on page 79, post 1573 by user 'mehjt006.310'

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me on P4 & 5, i'm struggling to grasp the concepts. I have the CGP books but they're not the most helpful book on the subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.l.a.4559)
    i have all these exams too:/... im definitely not ready! does anyone else struggle with the 6 mark questions?
    I try and write all that I can to be honest. I use the formal of just PE (Point, explanation) and try and do this 3-4 times.
    (Original post by danbomb123)
    Can someone help me on P4 & 5, i'm struggling to grasp the concepts. I have the CGP books but they're not the most helpful book on the subject
    I'm going to revise P4 and 5 after CBP1-3. P5 is really difficult though

ReputationRep:
    Biology was okay think I did okay on the six markers

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for chemistry six markers on Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    I thought that it was alright. They keep recycling the genetic testing questions as 6 markers. Nice easy 3 marker for the carbon cycle and the last question too. I hope that it went alright!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I do all these exams but did all the Biology in Year 10 so we have all the Chemistry and Physics to do this year -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's-Ruby)
    Any predictions for chemistry six markers on Thursday?
    Personally:

C1 - early atmosphere
    C2 - nanotechnology
    C3 - processes to make limestone, coal and salt OR comparing mining techniques

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    I thought that it was alright. They keep recycling the genetic testing questions as 6 markers. Nice easy 3 marker for the carbon cycle and the last question too. I hope that it went alright!

Yeah the six markers werent too bad, the maths questions were pretty easy too!

ReputationRep:
    Personally:

C1 - early atmosphere
    C2 - nanotechnology
    C3 - processes to make limestone, coal and salt OR comparing mining techniques
    hopefully!!

has everyone finished CBP 7? our school is so behind and we havent finished C7 or even started B7 yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -sophia-)
    hopefully!!

has everyone finished CBP 7? our school is so behind and we havent finished C7 or even started B7 yet
    We've finished both, however fot C7 we had a foreign trainee teacher so we know nothing!

ReputationRep:
    hopefully!!

We've finished them all, but we had to learn some of it at home. I'd recommend getting a book and learning 7's after your 123 exams .

(Original post by kaytaylou)
    Yeah the six markers werent too bad, the maths questions were pretty easy too!
    The punnett square (25%) was kind of a maths question, cardiac questions were fine too - anything else mathsy?

ReputationRep:
    hopefully!!

The 7s are the hardest and so need the most work, but the grade boundaries are always really low because it's a hard exam (most of the time for C7 you need just over 50% to get an A*) so I wouldn't worry about them too much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigergirl8282)
    The 7s are the hardest and so need the most work, but the grade boundaries are always really low because it's a hard exam (most of the time for C7 you need just over 50% to get an A*) so I wouldn't worry about them too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep im going to have to spend aaaaages on them! okay thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    yep im going to have to spend aaaaages on them! okay thankyou!
    There's only been one C7 exam (June) and an A* was 37 and an A was 32 so it isn't bad.

ReputationRep:
    We've finished them all, but we had to learn some of it at home. I'd recommend getting a book and learning 7's after your 123 exams .

The punnett square (25%) was kind of a maths question, cardiac questions were fine too - anything else mathsy?
    Yeah area of a circle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytaylou)
    Yeah area of a circle

Ah yup! Was that 2 or 3 marks I forgot? (201.06mm2 one)

ReputationRep:
    What will the grades boundaries be around for an A*/A/B?

ReputationRep:
    when do we get to see a mark scheme for the exam? (B1 B2 B3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invest)
    What will the grades boundaries be around for an A*/A/B?
    A* has been between 39-43
    A has been between 31-36
    B is normally mid 20's

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.