The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ToLiveInADream
I did too until I stared at it for a minute! Points:
As she dives, there will be increased pressure
Results in lack of oxygen (cant exactly remember what it said in the box?) down there for too long which is possible as she is a deep sea diver
Also as she breaks surfaces there could be many bubbles - discomfort & ears popping.
Reduce this by swimming slowly up.
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said all of that,but I didn't say about the discomfort and ear popping, I said it could damage her heart or something..XD ah well
Original post by excaliburnus
That was a surprisingly easy exam! On the capillaries question, I think I may have wrote about active transport instead of gas exchange...

..I thought it was diffusion?? D:
I did too until I stared at it for a minute! Points:
As she dives, there will be increased pressure
Results in lack of oxygen (cant exactly remember what it said in the box?) down there for too long which is possible as she is a deep sea diver
Also as she breaks surfaces there could be many bubbles - discomfort & ears popping.
Reduce this by swimming slowly up.
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about all of that but also wrote about the double circulatory system saying the the oxygen enter from here etc but do u think I would get marks for that or is that wrong? Will I get marked down? :smile:
Original post by Pandorax
I said all of that,but I didn't say about the discomfort and ear popping, I said it could damage her heart or something..XD ah well

Haha it was the spur of the moment thing I remembered :tongue: you'll be fine, sounds like you got majority of the points. It was quite weird..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wasn't the insecticide 6 marker about eutrophication
Original post by JazzyT17
I wrote about all of that but also wrote about the double circulatory system saying the the oxygen enter from here etc but do u think I would get marks for that or is that wrong? Will I get marked down? :smile:

Woah that's definitely detailed but you will never be marked down, no worries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tigger12345
Wasn't the insecticide 6 marker about eutrophication

Nope. Insecticide doesn't cause algal blooms and will probably kill them as they aren't fertilisers/nitrates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superdarklord
OMG GUYS I DIDN'T SEE THE LAST FIVE MARKS THE TICKBOX QUESTIONS ARGHHHH :confused::dontknow::sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too i came out of the exam crying my eyes out as i saw the examiner lift my paper and saw them 5 marks walking away from me
such a stupid stupid mistake :frown: im scared i wont get an A/A* now :frown:
Also the diving question I didn't compare it withe the fizzy bottle. Will I get marked down even though I includes the points ToLiveInADream said?
Because of how many people they screwed over in edexcel maths with putting questions on the last page (luckily I saw it) I always make sure I look on the back. To those who didn't do it..don't worry and I'm sure you'll pick up marks in other places! But now you know exam boards are stupid and do that..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. Insecticide doesn't cause algal blooms and will probably kill them as they aren't fertilisers/nitrates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok never mind, thanks .
Reply 1931
I messed up the insectide question :frown: I put about interdependence and how a reduced number of insects will mean less food for other organisms rather than bioaccumulation
Because of how many people they screwed over in edexcel maths with putting questions on the last page (luckily I saw it) I always make sure I look on the back. To those who didn't do it..don't worry and I'm sure you'll pick up marks in other places! But now you know exam boards are stupid and do that..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know this a bit of topic, but how did you do in maths? I'm so worried about it. Did so bad :/

I'm reading about gas exchange right now and I think diffusion is right tbh... Oh well, I guess I lost a mark :P
(edited 9 years ago)
I know this a bit of topic, but how did you do in maths? I'm so worried about it. Did so bad :/

Aw don't worry about it, grade boundaries will hopefully be low & looking at mark schemes makes me feel optimistic because they give you marks for the smallest things. Um overall I think I got 170 and hopefully a few more other marks..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also the diving question I didn't compare it withe the fizzy bottle. Will I get marked down even though I includes the points ToLiveInADream said?

If you didn't compare it, what did you do? As long as you included bits from the box and drew conclusions, it should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw don't worry about it, grade boundaries will hopefully be low & looking at mark schemes makes me feel optimistic because they give you marks for the smallest things. Um overall I think I got 170 and hopefully a few more other marks...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You did amazing! :biggrin: I got about 130 :/ I'm so disappointed because in all the past papers I was getting 80+ until that exam :/ I'm worried I won't even get an A now :/
If you didn't compare it, what did you do? As long as you included bits from the box and drew conclusions, it should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I included everything you pointed out and talked about the pressure which is kind of linking it but I didn't actually compare the bottle with the water and I remember it said compare so :/

I put diffusion too :/
Original post by LFC08
I put diffusion too :/

yaay okay good XDD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending