The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2014 OFFICIAL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Low grade boundaries PLEEEEEASE!!
Original post by JPeters
Did anybody get approx. 4.32eV after converting from Joules? I might have got the previous question wrong.

That sounds about right
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea also said that they are ultraviolet. Spelled it out for the dumbass invigilators so they cant screw me over for a mark.
Reply 323
What was the effect on the reading on the voltmeter and why? (Last questions?)
Reply 324
Original post by Me123456789
For question 4 did you put the photons are in UV?

It's one mark that I actually got by some miracle
Original post by team-punishment
yep

Original post by deadmau_5
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea also said that they are ultraviolet. Spelled it out for the dumbass invigilators so they cant screw me over for a mark.

I put visible light but then changed it in the last few seconds!!
We're talking about different things here. I'm talking about q.5 part a)

MY BAD
Sorry sorry:confused::frown::colondollar:
I think the paper was generally okay apart from question 7 which I think I'll have 2/9 for. Other than that, I think I dropped around 5-10 marks so will be touch and go whether I get an A :s-smilie:

Any ideas on boundaries? I think 52-55 for an A, not sure.
What do you think the grade boundaries will be? I'm guessing they're going to be low, at least much lower than last year's easy paper. Today's paper is the worst one I've done out of all the past papers available on AQAs website. So frustrated.
Guess:
60 (A* equivalent)
54 A
48 B
43 C
(edited 9 years ago)
what do people think will be full ums for this paper. i have a feeling it will be 63 or 64. what are your thoughts?
Reply 330
i calculated the current in the graph by finding the gradient in the straight section, which was I^2, and square rooting it to get 1.18 A.

I used this answer for the next 2 parts.

Is this correct?
Original post by JPeters
Did anybody get approx. 4.32eV after converting from Joules? I might have got the previous question wrong.

I think I got 4.89eV
Reply 332
if its not correct, would I have got marks for the next two parts?
Original post by Randomer96
I think the paper was generally okay apart from question 7 which I think I'll have 2/9 for. Other than that, I think I dropped around 5-10 marks so will be touch and go whether I get an A :s-smilie:

Any ideas on boundaries? I think 52-55 for an A, not sure.

Oh dear lord i hope the grade boundaries are as low as 52. I really need the UMS not so much so the raw marks. I hope i get a break and get my needed 110 UMS.
is the critical temperature definition this - the point at which when the temperature is lower than the critical temperature the resistance is 0 when a current runs through it, giving a 0 voltage.
Reply 335
What do people think it will be for 108 UMS? I ****ed up the base on question 5, but other than that it was smooth sailing.

I thought the paper was quite easy and so did the people I sat it with, but the consensus on here seems to me like it was somewhat difficult.
Reply 336
Original post by Potatosandwich98
is the critical temperature definition this - the point at which when the temperature is lower than the critical temperature the resistance is 0 when a current runs through it, giving a 0 voltage.

The temperature at or below at which a material becomes a superconductor
Original post by TheSmartOne
That paper did not go well for me. I didn't know whether to put 'weak' with 'W+' or 'electromagnetic' with 'photon', so I went for weak! FGS ajhgaoifbnehobn

It was so hard. I was getting A's and the occasional B on past papers as well, I don't know what happened :frown:

this has happend to me every exam , i had 10 mins for electricity lol. BALLSED IT UP SO HARD. Probably got a B in first section and U in eelctricity. so damn gay . every exam
Oh dear lord i hope the grade boundaries are as low as 52. I really need the UMS not so much so the raw marks. I hope i get a break and get my needed 110 UMS.

On June 2010 the boundary was 50 for an A. People seem to think this paper was quite difficult, and I thought question 7 was especially hard so it could easily be 52.
For the question on removing internal resistance and looking at power dissipated would it look like this

Untitled_Image.png

i know we didnt have to draw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending