Edexcel Physics Unit 1 - 20th May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i got 35 degrees and 2.9 metres per second
the hardest paper EVVEERRRRR!
Original post by Sonilneedshelp
the hardest paper EVVEERRRRR!

did you do the GCE or IAL paper?
I ran out of time, and also found it quite difficult. Hope they lower the grade boundries
Who among here did the IAL paper?
How did the IAL paper go? And what did you find difficult?
I found the projectile four mark question difficult to expand on despite it being an easy concept.
Original post by LahiruDewendra
Who among here did the IAL paper?

I did the IAL paper, what did you think of it?
Reply 27
Did IAL went quite well for me, it wasnt a simple or typical Unit 1 paper but i apart from the sandstone question i found it to be quite well built
Did the IAL paper
Soo freaking hard!!
the sandstone question :frown:. Messed it up
Reply 29
Whoever wants to dsicuss the GCE A'level physics Unit 1 paper message me please
Agree it was horrendous. Felt like that there was very little actual physics- or physics from a different specification!!!!
Original post by EmilyJGreen
Agree it was horrendous. Felt like that there was very little actual physics- or physics from a different specification!!!!

(I did GCE)
What did people right for the 5 marker to do with Piece X and newtons law? And the 2or 3marker after it?
The questions ask for calculation are very easy but for explanation are totally evil= =
Original post by Physicswhatapain
I did the IAL paper, what did you think of it?

Quite decent except for the question based on projectile motion. What did you find difficult in the paper? And what do you think the grade boundary would be?
I think for A 52-54 as most found it hard
What r ur thoughts on grade boundary
To find the height of one of the questions (v-t graph) was it area under the graph?? or was it an equation?
Original post by Misc1
Same. alll the past papers i did i was dropping single digits in marks. understanding all the questions and then this exam comes along with the most vague and ambigous questions. For some reason i felt like simple question i would usually understand i did not. Did anyone work out how to do the one with the rowing boat crossing the river at a speed of 1.5ms-1
when the river was going at 1.1ms-1.

Basically you draw the 1.1 ms-1 horizontally and draw the 1.5ms-1 to the left of it at an angle of 115 degrees then draw the line from the 2 points measure this and you should get resultant velocity and measure the angle to horizontal on the right of the triangle
Was a damn hard paper compared to the mocks, expecting low, maybe even lowest grade boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending