The Student Room Group

AQA AS-Level History HIS2M misread question?

I took this paper today and I misread the final question (24marks)- it was on peasants and farmers but I wrote about peasants and workers. I was wondering if anyone would know how much I would be penalised by?
Thanks, I hope your papers went well :smile:
I did the same thing too, I'm really worried that I'm going to lose a lot of the marks even though I wrote about the peasants,
Reply 2
The definition of peasants is a member of a class of persons who are small farmers or farm laborers or low social rank. Therefore some workers will fall in the category of low social rank eg. factory workers etc. So I think workers is included, but also some of the arguments for workers and farmers will overlap a bit eg. KDF and DAF. I think as long as there is mention of both workers and farmers, it will be ok.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by clickair
The definition of peasants is a member of a class of persons who are small farmers or farm laborers or low social rank. Therefore some workers will fall in the category of low social rank eg. factory workers etc. So I think workers is included, but also some of the arguments for workers and farmers will overlap a bit eg. KDF and DAF. I think as long as there is mention of both workers and farmers, it will be ok.

Thank you for your help! I didn't mention the word farmers, but I did talk about farms and agriculture and the Reich Entailed Farm Law or whatever it was called so fingers crossed I can get a decent mark for that question.
Reply 4
Original post by Lovelostletters
I did the same thing too, I'm really worried that I'm going to lose a lot of the marks even though I wrote about the peasants,

Oh I am so sorry. But at least we are not alone! I did about half and half which made me so paranoid.
Also, it was awful of them to do a workers 12 mark then a 24 mark on peasants AND farmers. That 'and' just made me presume it said workers. But I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm sure a lot of people made that mistake too.
Reply 5
Original post by clickair

Thank-you so much for your help! You've really quelled my nerves. However, I explicitly stated 'workers' not 'farmers' so I suppose I will get into a bit of trouble.
Once again, thank-you so much for the fast reply, you're a god-send!
Original post by Elvish
Oh I am so sorry. But at least we are not alone! I did about half and half which made me so paranoid.
Also, it was awful of them to do a workers 12 mark then a 24 mark on peasants AND farmers. That 'and' just made me presume it said workers. But I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm sure a lot of people made that mistake too.

I know it was really unfair of them to do that. How did you find Unit 1?
Reply 7
Original post by Lovelostletters
I know it was really unfair of them to do that. How did you find Unit 1?

Not too great. I did the America 1890-1945 course. I answered the questions, but not as well as I hoped. How did your other exams go? I've found AS pretty difficult so far!

Quick Reply

Latest