The Student Room Group
Original post by darthphobos
Helloo, i got my tragus piercing on the 20th, it's been alright apart from after i clean it, it tends to bleed. Today has been the worst, i cleaned it around 2-3 hours ago and it's been bleeding a little but constantly for that time, I haven't knocked it hard to my knowledge, and it doesn't hurt, it's just bleeding. Is this normal? Heeeelp :frown:

I'd say this is normal, yes. It's a fresh wound, so your body will try to heal it. If anything I'd be concerned if it wasn't bleeding! Try not to fiddle with it or get it caught on things. Only twist the earrign when you clean it. Basically give it a few days to dry up so the wound can heal without interference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you sleeping on it? That's the way most people piss off tragus piercings. Try not to do so (easier said than done, I know!) and it should cheer up.

Also, make sure you're not over cleaning it - it's a common rookie error. No more than twice a day with a sea salt soak. Do not touch it for any other reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This isn't a helpful remark for the problem but I thought I'd nonetheless thank the OP for introducing me to a new term: had no idea what a tragus was until today. I imagine that was quite painful!

Maybe try sleeping propped up in a quasi-sitting position and, yeah, like everyone else says, avoid touching it as much as possible.
Reply 4
Original post by Musie Suzie
Are you sleeping on it? That's the way most people piss off tragus piercings. Try not to do so (easier said than done, I know!) and it should cheer up.

Also, make sure you're not over cleaning it - it's a common rookie error. No more than twice a day with a sea salt soak. Do not touch it for any other reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been trying not to but the night before it started bleeding I think i did accidentally sleep on it briefly! It's been alright since the other night, i've just kept washing it twice a day :smile:

Original post by Lotus_Eater
This isn't a helpful remark for the problem but I thought I'd nonetheless thank the OP for introducing me to a new term: had no idea what a tragus was until today. I imagine that was quite painful!

Maybe try sleeping propped up in a quasi-sitting position and, yeah, like everyone else says, avoid touching it as much as possible.

Surprisingly it's hardly painful:tongue: I was terrified because it's a really thick piece of cartilage, but if you squeeze your tragus it doesn't really hurt right? barely nerve endings so it's not painful, just a pinch, for me it was similar to a nose piercing :redface:
Reply 5
Hello everyone, I want to have a tragus piercing, I read such an article, do you think these are correct? Has anyone had it done before?https://piercinguide.com/tragus-piercing-what-is-a-tragus-piercing-how-to-clean-tragus-piercing-2021/

Latest