The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Can U Do That???????????????i Would Have Prefered That.
Reply 161
Yeah you can - you should get a PIN code from your school - but only Edexcel which renders it a bit pointless as you have to go and get your results for other boards anyway (unless you're only doing edexcel i suppose).
We're not allowed to go to school to get our results, they're posted to us. Will probably open them on my own then lol
coolchick2501
Exactly! The fact they have so much faith or (blind faith) in me is probably the most scary thing about da damn exams.

same for me :\ thats the part that will kill me, it'll be like "Oh you were so smart but only got x amount of A's and some b's!!!" even though you worked day and night and the paper just didnt go your way or something
Reply 164
In the maths block because that's where they give them out, probably with my sister since nobody brings their parents to collect results at my school lol :smile:. I will literally rip the envelope as quick as I can.
Reply 165
Qaali
Can U Do That???????????????i Would Have Prefered That.

Yeah you can do that...but only if your school has signed up for it. Because i sat 3 AS levels and 3 GCSE's with edexcel..they gave me two different pins.

I am sure my teacher said you can get them online at something mad like 6am! I would much prefer that rather than hanging around school until 10am.

However, i think with 100's of students logging in, their systems may crash....only August will tell!!! Oh and the results online also give you an indication to how far you were away from the next grade, pretty cool huh?!
Reply 166
Um.........I am opening mine in the loo............If it isn't what I'm expecting.......I might as well flush it!!! But really.........I am desperate to open my results asap like u guys!
on my own, cause i dont want anybody knowing what i got. cause it will disappoint them, especially my parents.
lots of people are saying rip it open infront of everyone ... but what if there not what you expect ?
Reply 169
cuddles x
lots of people are saying rip it open infront of everyone ... but what if there not what you expect ?

I wouldn't know (this is first time I've had to get official results... ahh), but I'd guess most people will be preoccupied with their own grades rather than yours, so you'll have a few minutes to console yourself it they are worse than you wanted. However, I'd still say open them on your own then return to friends after a short while...
Reply 170
I'm going to get the envelope in school, sit down in a corner somewhere, have a little personal time with them (:biggrin:) then go and a) share results with classmates and b) clear 6th form places with subject teachers
yeah im probably going to do the same ^
I'll open them in school in front of everyone.
Greg.
I thought you were going to say you're going to the Humber Bridge so you could jump if they were that bad :p:

haha same here :p:
tbh the past years I sent my parents up the school last year

but my friends from a different school were staying with us and it was only for one GCSE

It's not the opening i'm worried about but telling everyone else what I got..
They get delivered so ill open them with my family looking at me :frown:
I'll be opening them as soon as I get them at school.
Results Day petrifies me.
Reply 177
I'm on holiday on results day. So when I get home, I'll open the letter immediately.
I'd probably open them there and make sure noones behind me lol hopefully i get the grades to go onto the IB next year^_^
at home: i know i'll react wrongly if i open them at school i.e. will not want to show that i'm pleased if i am because there'll be somebody well disappointed next to me and will not want to show that i'm disappointed if i am but still did well because there'll be someone who did worse next to me

Latest