The Student Room Group

Student bank account struggles

I'm starting a foundation year course in September and looking at my options for Student bank accounts. Almost all banks require you to be in a two year course, which is where the problem is. Should I book an appointment with the bank I want to open a Student account with and see if it's possible? or do I stick with my current account for the year and wait until I go Undergrad?
Reply 1
You should definitely be able to open a student account, all you will need is proof of ID and proof of address, maybe proof of an offer too. I am not aware of any stipulations for course length- there are plenty of courses that do not run the standard 3 years (such as medicine, dentistry and integrated masters) and many people do foundation years so this should not be a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by noah_c2
You should definitely be able to open a student account, all you will need is proof of ID and proof of address, maybe proof of an offer too. I am not aware of any stipulations for course length- there are plenty of courses that do not run the standard 3 years (such as medicine, dentistry and integrated masters) and many people do foundation years so this should not be a problem.

Ah okay, I tend to overthink so it stressed me out a bit. I'm just gonna go for it, thank you : )
Reply 3
Original post by Penemues
Ah okay, I tend to overthink so it stressed me out a bit. I'm just gonna go for it, thank you : )

It can be a stressful time with loads of things to sort out so no worries! Hope everything goes ok :smile:
Original post by Penemues
I'm starting a foundation year course in September and looking at my options for Student bank accounts. Almost all banks require you to be in a two year course, which is where the problem is. Should I book an appointment with the bank I want to open a Student account with and see if it's possible? or do I stick with my current account for the year and wait until I go Undergrad?

Keep an eye on the following page of the MSE website as it is kept up to date with the latest student bank account offers/incentives. You usually need to wait to open an account until your place is confirmed following results day:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending