The Student Room Group

Can someone explain what the specification is trying to say?

So on the ICT specification, there's two columns one for "Learning outcome" and the other one "Content".
Then above the table it says:
It is important to note that the learning outcomes are not of equal weighting and the amount of time that should be dedicated to each will depend on its content.

What do they mean by that? Can someone please explain :smile: and thnx!
Reply 1
Original post by Anne james
So on the ICT specification, there's two columns one for "Learning outcome" and the other one "Content".
It is important to note that the learning outcomes are not of equal weighting and the amount of time that should be dedicated to each will depend on its content.

It means that each learning outcome counts as a different percentage of the final grade for the unit, and that you should spend more time on the bits that need more work
Reply 2

essentially each learning outcome has a series of content within it (i.e. stuff you need to learn) - each learning outcome has a different amount of content in and thus will each take different amounts of time to complete... that is my understanding anyway
Original post by Andy98
It means that each learning outcome counts as a different percentage of the final grade for the unit, and that you should spend more time on the bits that need more work

I'm not sure if the specification meant that but here's a screenshot of the specification below.
Reply 4

essentially each learning outcome has a series of content within it (i.e. stuff you need to learn) - each learning outcome has a different amount of content in and thus will each take different amounts of time to complete... that is my understanding anyway
Reply 5
I'm not sure if the specification meant that but here's a screenshot of the specification below.

yeah - it's just saying that LO2 has more content than LO1 so they advise you spend more time on LO2 to cover all the content rather than spending an equal amount of time on both as some people may be inclined to do - don't worry yourself over things like that though - just work though all the content and do practice papers - then you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by tdx

Thnxx!:smile:
Reply 7

yeah - it's just saying that LO2 has more content than LO1 so they advise you spend more time on LO2 to cover all the content rather than spending an equal amount of time on both as some people may be inclined to do - don't worry yourself over things like that though - just work though all the content and do practice papers - then you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by tdx

Once again, Thanks a bunch!:smile:
Reply 9

Yeah means that you've got to learn about all the things in the content box - the other bit's for the marker I think

Quick Reply

Latest