The Student Room Group

Gap year 2015 advice? HELP?!

I'm really adamant to take a gap year after sixth form, however I have only just finished my first year at sixth form. So it's probably too early to even think about it. The idea of volunteering, working and travelling to different countries is something I am very passionate about, so I have been doing my research on places I'd like to go.
I love the idea of volunteering on a farm in either Italy or France, however there is an expensive fee to sign up for the website advertising this. I also love the idea of working in canada, as I have a friend who lives there and would happily accommodate me for free. To go to somewhere in Asia and places in Europe would also be an amazing experience for me.

Does anyone know when would be the best time to apply for work during a gap year in 2015? Or does anyone know any companies or websites that are recruiting for 2015? Also, any advice or tips that you may have for me especially about the things I have mentioned would be much appreciated.
Sorry my post isn't going to be particularly helpful but I also started thinking about travel in year 12 and am still devoted to doing so now that I'm finishing Year 13.

If you haven't already heard there are companies such as Gap 360 and Real Gap that offer a range of trips including volunteering which may interest you. They have trips ranging from 1 week too 2 years so there are plenty to choose from.

Good luck and don't let people pressure you into University instead (People seem to be adamant that I apply...)
Reply 2
Hi everyone I'm also thinking of taking a gap year. Im currently in year 13 and just about to do my exams!However im not thinking of travelling. I would like to work in a hospital setting preferably in a maternity ward as I want to become a future midwife. Any ideas where I should look into to find a place? Any help would be appreciated :-) thanks in advance
Reply 3
Original post by Taylorbabyx
I'm really adamant to take a gap year after sixth form, however I have only just finished my first year at sixth form. So it's probably too early to even think about it. The idea of volunteering, working and travelling to different countries is something I am very passionate about, so I have been doing my research on places I'd like to go.
I love the idea of volunteering on a farm in either Italy or France, however there is an expensive fee to sign up for the website advertising this. I also love the idea of working in canada, as I have a friend who lives there and would happily accommodate me for free. To go to somewhere in Asia and places in Europe would also be an amazing experience for me.

Does anyone know when would be the best time to apply for work during a gap year in 2015? Or does anyone know any companies or websites that are recruiting for 2015? Also, any advice or tips that you may have for me especially about the things I have mentioned would be much appreciated.

go to helpx or wwoof especially for the farm work in italy or france x

Quick Reply

Latest