The Student Room Group

Panicking for my C2 maths exam!!!!!!!!! I'm failing

i have done my C1 and S1 and although C1 didn't go too well i think i at least got a B in both. but I'm failing C2 really badly. i wasted two days procrastinating and now I'm panicking so bad I've only done one past paper and got a D. i just wanted to know what grade do i need to get to get a B overall in maths and if i don't get a B, which i really need, what rest options do i have and how it will effect my UCAS application as i need an AAAB for dentistry and I'm confident about my bio chem and history exam but i think ill get a C in maths and i really want that B so i can drop it. any last minute advice and is a C enough in C2 to get a B overall in maths??
HELP ME !!!!:frown::redface:
Get on exam solutions 24/7 until your exam.
Reply 2
Examsolutions will save you
Reply 3
Original post by Old_Simon
Get on exam solutions 24/7 until your exam.

i watched all of them in the easter holidays do u think i should cram past papers or re watch them??? do u know anything about the grade boundaries?
Reply 4
Original post by Hicko
Examsolutions will save you

do you think ! i might re watch them then:s-smilie:
Original post by tweedle-d
i watched all of them in the easter holidays do u think i should cram past papers or re watch them??? do u know anything about the grade boundaries?

Do both. See Exam solutions. Then search out all the questions of that type in all past papers. Rinse and repeat. If you are at Grade D it is a waste of time doing whole papers. Pick out each type of question from each paper as you go.
Reply 6
I did all my revision for my C2 retake in 3 days. I would firstly suggest identify your main weaknesses and do normal past paper questions on them (find questions by topic on examsolutions)

Afterwards, i would just try go through majority of solomon papers - there will be questions you wont understand like i did, but recognizing the type of question and how you go about them is more important.
Reply 7
Original post by Jkizer
I did all my revision for my C2 retake in 3 days. I would firstly suggest identify your main weaknesses and do normal past paper questions on them (find questions by topic on examsolutions)

Afterwards, i would just try go through majority of solomon papers - there will be questions you wont understand like i did, but recognizing the type of question and how you go about them is more important.

i don't think my exam board mei has any soloman papers
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
You're exactly the same as me! C1 and S1 didn't go too badly for me but I've done five papers in the past two days for C2 and I've got 3Ds, a C and B in them and now I'm petrified... I really want to drop maths but I also want to get an A in it wahhh! With less than 24 hours to go I seriously suggest past papers
This is a very good reason for not using past papers as test papers only and particularly not for starting close to the exam. Using them throughout the course is far more beneficial.
Reply 10
Original post by EmBlacck
You're exactly the same as me! C1 and S1 didn't go too badly for me but I've done five papers in the past two days for C2 and I've got 3Ds, a C and B in them and now I'm petrified... I really want to drop maths but I also want to get an A in it wahhh! With less than 24 hours to go I seriously suggest past papers

omg how'd it go then. I'm aiming for a B. i found section B ok but section A quite hard. what do u think you'll get
Original post by tweedle-d
omg how'd it go then. I'm aiming for a B. i found section B ok but section A quite hard. what do u think you'll get

Not sure... I've tried not to over analyse how it went because it was my last exam! I'm obviously aiming to get an A, and I think I've either got an A or a B... How about you?
What DID you get in the end? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest