The Student Room Group

Tips for Further Maths AS

I'm going to sit my Further Maths Edexcel AS exam on Monday... I've done all the past papers and nearly every exercise in the textbooks. What else could I do to ensure a good grade?

My class rushed vectors in basically a week so I'm really nervous for the vector question but I don't want to abandon other topics as I've not revised them in a while.

I'm panicking and can't properly organise my time :frown:
Reply 1
Make sure you are confident with calculus! If you are very stressed about not having enough time to revisit all the topics, I suggest looking at working on broader/more versatile skills like calculus, graphs, vectors as they can be used in many topics/types of questions.

It's been a while since I've done my Further Maths A levels, but if you have done most of the past papers, you will be able to see the more common topics that are usually in the questions closer to the end of the exam. As these questions will be harder, focus on them are their topics. Also, learn their patterns! The questions for the harder topic usually follow a similar concept/application so getting yourself familiar to the patterns of the questions will help you immensely. That's why doing past papers are so helpful.

Lastly, don't be too stressed out (I know it's cliche haha). As important AS exams are, it's only halfway through your 6th form. Stressing too much about it can only mess with you during the exam. It'll also make you burn out by the time actual A level comes (speaking from personal experience). Just go in knowing you have revised hard and done plenty of past paper. Further Maths is designed to be hard. Skipping a question doesn't mean you cannot do it! (you can also always come back later). :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending