Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: This thread has now reached limit, find the Official Cambridge Applicants Thread 2016 Entry MK II here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3370493

Hi everyone! :party:

I know it's very early but I've noticed a lot of people that are intending to apply in 2016/17 lurking around on other Cambridge threads. I think it's about time for us to have our own thread!
    Hopefully we can motivate each other for our first year of A-levels/IB and so on.

Post the subject that you're hoping to apply for and any things you're doing to enhance your subject knowledge. Feel free to post your chosen A levels/IB as it may help others to decide.

My chosen A-levels:
    Spoiler:
    Show

A- level
    English Literature
    Biology
    History
    Art
    Also, even if you don't want to apply to Cambridge then this thread will (hopefully) be a good motivator, so feel free to chip in!

Good Luck all.

Also don't forget to check out TSR's 'University Course and Connect' - You can sign up even if your GCSE results are pending! Just fill out details of the institutes/courses you are hoping to apply to. There's a specific Cambridge Uni connect page as well.

Remember to pick the correct 2015/16 option for applying in 2015 for 2016 entry. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it a bit too early? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Chosen A levels:
    Maths
    History
    Biology
    Chemistry 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking:
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics
    Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Isn't it a bit too early? :lol:
    Still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiewantstheA*)
    Chosen A levels:
    Maths
    History
    Biology
    Chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds good! What subjects are you most interested in?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I can't wait for the 2018 thread. Bye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    I'll join in then.

A-Levels:
    Computing
    Maths
    Physics
    English Literature

Course:
    Computer Science

The course I want to do and my A-Levels MIGHT change though, depends on my GCSE results.
    *High five* We have English Literature in common! I was considering Comp Sci until I realised the amount of maths involved. :eek: You must be very good!

ReputationRep:
    Heyyo! I cant wait for this to take off

Even if you dont want to go to Cambridge- this is motivation to do well and work your hardest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I can't wait for the 2018 thread. Bye!
    N'aw you can stick with us! I'll be more than happy to help with advice for GCSEs and stuff

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for the 2018 thread!

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking:
    Maths
    Further Maths
    Chemistry
    Physics

At the minute I would apply for maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi64)
    I'm waiting for the 2018 thread!
    Like I said to karmacrunch, you can stick with us! Most of us have done our GCSEs so if you need help/advice then we'll be more than happy to help. It will also keep you guys motivated, It helps... I lurked on the old offer threads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TirnanF)
    I'm taking:
    Maths
    Further Maths
    Chemistry
    Physics

At the minute I would apply for maths.
    Sounds cool! Wish I was good at maths :eek:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    N'aw you can stick with us! I'll be more than happy to help with advice for GCSEs and stuff
    Hehe, thanks!

Jesus christ this is early but I want to do maths or economics at Cambridge.

My subjects are: maths, further maths, physics and economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldtippedarrows)
    Heyyo! I cant wait for this to take off

Even if you dont want to go to Cambridge- this is motivation to do well and work your hardest
    Heeey :awesome:
    Exactly! Have you got any particular degrees in mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    *High five* We have English Literature in common! I was considering Comp Sci until I realised the amount of maths involved. :eek: You must be very good!
    That's the problem, I'm not that great at Maths. :lol: It's not because I find it hard though, but because I was lazy and put no effort in at GCSE.

It's a bit too late to change my attitude at GCSE since it's done now. I probably got A/B. If I get a B I might reconsider changing courses. Even if I do get a B though I can always work hard at A-Level - instead of sitting around like I did in GCSE.

Oh how I love English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Hehe, thanks!
    No problem!

ReputationRep:
    Economics would be a dream come true. Doing maths, economics, biology and chemistry. Hoping to go into finance after uni.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.