The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alow
STEP I and II (along with AEA) don't require anything past modules you can take for A Level Maths (although depending on the combination of modules someone may not be able to answer certain mechanics or stats questions for obvious reasons) :smile:

Oh really
Never knew that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great, 4 less competitors,now you just have 7 billion other people to think about.

As regards to the essay prize - each school is only allowed to submit 3 entries and no one else from my school is writing an essay :rolleyes:
Reply 6042
My physics teacher hardly told us ISA content, like gave us hardly any help (AQA)
I got 41/50 which looks like a borderline A as everyone else in the ****ing country cheats
Will this hold me back apply to cambridge??

(I should get 120/120 in unit 1 and 108/120 unit 2)
Reply 6043
Original post by C0balt
Oh really
Never knew that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's only STEP III which requires FM content (not that STEP II is much easier however, they can still ask nasty as hell questions) :smile:

Hell, there have been NST IA Tripos questions which require no extra knowledge than A Level, that are stupidly difficult (a particular 15 mark integration comes to mind).
Original post by Krollo
What other essay prizes are there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A wide variety of them. Here's a list: http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/essay-prizes
Original post by alow
Yeah it's only STEP III which requires FM content (not that STEP II is much easier however, they can still ask nasty as hell questions) :smile:

Hell, there have been NST IA Tripos questions which require no extra knowledge than A Level, that are stupidly difficult (a particular 15 mark integration comes to mind).

Lol I might give it a shot (and get crushed) during summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6046
Original post by C0balt
Lol I might give it a shot (and get crushed) during summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go for it, if nothing else it will make you better at maths as the questions really require you to think a bit.
Original post by nurav11
It's these 3 questions, of which you have to pick one and write a 2,000 word essay on it. I definitely want to do it, the seven deadly sins one seems very interesting.

1. The seven deadly sins warn of major threats to our moral wellbeing. Which of these is the greatest threat to our physical health, and why?

2. Which one of David Baltimore's seven classes of virus would you choose to eradicate from Earth, and why?

3. Assuming they live up to their stereotypes, which of Disney's Seven Dwarfs is likely to live longest, and why?

Oh nice! What is your EPQ on?

All of them sound really interesting, i will definitely give it a go!
I was thinking of doing my EPQ related to my trip to Nepal, i have no idea about what right now but I'm sure i will think of something during the summer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Out of curiosity, what pen are you guys using for exams? I've weaponised the Pilot V-Ball Grip Rollerball pen, but I guess it won't make too much of a difference other than making the writing process a bit less painful :colondollar:
Original post by Wawasan
Out of curiosity, what pen are you guys using for exams? I've weaponised the Pilot V-Ball Grip Rollerball pen, but I guess it won't make too much of a difference other than making the writing process a bit less painful :colondollar:

Bog-standard 20p Biros :tongue:
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Bog-standard 20p Biros :tongue:

Can't beat them :wink:
Original post by Wawasan

Uni ball fine eye ink pens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pilot V5 Hi-Techpoint... I've used these for 6 years now and I didnt do all too badly with them in my GCSE year if I can say so myself :wink:
Original post by Wawasan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wawasan

Uni-ball eye fine :biggrin:
Original post by TheKhaleesi
Uni-ball eye fine :biggrin:

Uni ball master race lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Uni ball master race lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: i need to stock up again though, mine are running out :s-smilie:
Original post by TheKhaleesi
:lol: i need to stock up again though, mine are running out :s-smilie:

I bought 20 in preparation for exams...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wawasan

BIC medium biro pen :lol: I'm not comfortable with others :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samb1234
I bought 20 in preparation for exams...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a good idea. Guess it means a trip to Tesco :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending