Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I will be studying at KCL in September and I am wondering what sort of standard of cricket is played by the KCL first eleven and then as well by the university of London!?
    hope so one can help
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sm7171)
    Hopefully I will be studying at KCL in September and I am wondering what sort of standard of cricket is played by the KCL first eleven and then as well by the university of London!?
    hope so one can help
    thanks!
    No idea, bet you're asian though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    No idea, bet you're asian though?
    List of some non-Asian international cricket teams:
    England
    Australia
    South Africa
    Zimbabwe
    West Indies

Plus some of my Irish & Scottish friends love cricket more than football. My ethnicity is Pakistani but I like football. Hence, it is not true that a cricket fan is always from India or Pakistan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universal_set)
    List of some non-Asian international cricket teams:
    England
    Australia
    South Africa
    Zimbabwe
    West Indies

Plus some of my Irish & Scottish friends love cricket more than football. My ethnicity is Pakistani but I like football. Hence, it is not true that a cricket fan is always from India or Pakistan
    Who won at lords recently :rofl
    Also the fact that you're pakistani and responded to this thread means you fufiled my sterotype haha It's not a bad thing, it's a good true stereotype!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Who won at lords recently :rofl
    I don't know & what does it have to do with the this thread?

Also the fact that you're pakistani and responded to this thread means you fufiled my sterotype haha It's not a bad thing, it's a good true stereotype!
    I didn't reply because it is about cricket. I don't even like cricket. I replied because your post was utterly rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know & what does it have to do with the this thread?

I didn't reply because it is about cricket. I don't even like cricket. I replied because your post was utterly rubbish.
    An asian team won counter to the list of "western teams", I was playing to the stereotype, so stop being such an aggressive person when I didn't even start on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    An asian team won counter to the list of "western teams", I was playing to the stereotype, so stop being such an aggressive person when I didn't even start on you.
    I don't see a point that why are you telling me this because I don't care who won the cricket match & who didn't win it. I have no interest in cricket.

Sorry, if I sound aggressive although I didn't mean to be harsh with you. I simply don't like the stereotype thoughts. But if any of my word have offended you then I take it back.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a point that why are you telling me this because I don't care who won the cricket match & who didn't win it. I have no interest in cricket.

Sorry, if I sound aggressive although I didn't mean to be harsh with you. I simply don't like the stereotype thoughts. But if any of my word have offended you then I take it back.
    I thought you said originally you were pakistani and you were saying something about irish people being good at cricket, so I responded saying an asian team won, which went along with my sterotype, and that sterotype isn't always a bad thing as long as it's not offensive.

And yes this is why I love kcl applicants We solve issues in like 2 minutes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    I thought you said originally you were pakistani and you were saying something about irish people being good at cricket, so I responded saying an asian team won, which went along with my sterotype, and that sterotype isn't always a bad thing as long as it's not offensive.

And yes this is why I love kcl applicants We solve issues in like 2 minutes
    Yeah, I am Pakistani. I said that my Irish friends like cricket but as I am not an expert so I can't comment whether they play good or bad

I hope that such a trivial issue won't make a dent on our academic relationship

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am Pakistani. I said that my Irish friends like cricket but as I am not an expert so I can't comment whether they play good or bad

I hope that such a trivial issue won't make a dent on our academic relationship
    Nah us men can settle the worst of disputes with a few punches and be good at the end of it, unlike girls or those *****y boys who will hold a grudge for life and be two faced about it :rofl: If you know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Nah us men can settle the worst of disputes with a few punches and be good at the end of it, unlike girls or those *****y boys who will hold a grudge for life and be two faced about it :rofl: If you know what I mean?

Hahaha... Yeah, I know.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I was wondering the same thing! Pakistani in da house 😎 what course are you gonna do and where're you from?! In doing politics of the international economy.
    I've heard the cricket scene isn't that good though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay9874)
    Hey! I was wondering the same thing! Pakistani in da house 😎 what course are you gonna do and where're you from?! In doing politics of the international economy.
    I've heard the cricket scene isn't that good though...
    Hey! I will be studying maths

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I will be studying maths
    Oh cool. Is it based at the Strand campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay9874)
    Oh cool. Is it based at the Strand campus?
    Yes. What about you? Waterloo?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. What about you? Waterloo?
    Nope. Strand too. 😃

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.