The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheFOMaster
Subjects you doing, and what unis you thinking?

Maths, Physics and Graphics. Firm is Imperial College London and insurance is UCL.

Original post by Blabyda
I'm sure you'll make them! If you managed to get the conditions in the first place, it usually means the uni thinks you will achieve them. They don't make unrealistic conditions

I felt pretty confident after the exams to be honest, but even if I felt like I had definitely got 100% in all exams there's still always that bit of doubt there. (I didn't get 100% in the exams :tongue: )

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Applying direct entry?

I don't know what you mean by that :tongue:
Aaaah! This waiting is killing me!!! I'm stressing out cos I really want to get good results!

Would you say that if you got an A in the prelim and a predicted A in the exam and you worked really hard right until the exam.... you're likely to do well in the end?

How did your predictions turn out? Are you likely to drop below your predicted grades if you worked as hard as you could?

Thanks so much.
OMG, I'm so scared. I wish they would just hurry up!!!
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Copy and pasting this over here...a little message from the staff at TSRG for everyone getting their results! :biggrin:

D'awwwww so cute
I'm so nervous guys! :smile: But I don't really need to be as I'm already into college so no need for any other good grades. However still wanna do well in Administration and Maths especially my A in Administration last year!
Original post by TechGirl1

Shouldn't be too much longer now!
WHERE'S MA EMAIL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tinababy
Aaaah! This waiting is killing me!!! I'm stressing out cos I really want to get good results!

Would you say that if you got an A in the prelim and a predicted A in the exam and you worked really hard right until the exam.... you're likely to do well in the end?

How did your predictions turn out? Are you likely to drop below your predicted grades if you worked as hard as you could?

Thanks so much.

Not too much longer now - best of luck!
And it's 1am!! :woo:

Any lucky ones out there with results already?
Who's planning on staying up until you get them?
Nervous/Excited/Scared?
I feel so sick OH MY GOD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hoping I get my results soon just so I can go to asleep. :smile: But I am very nervous and excited about my results. As I didn't struggle in the exams. So hopefully two more great exam grades.
I couldn't go to sleep even if I wanted to. Last year I got them at 1:30 so we'll see if I'm lucky this year. I'm just reading a book trying to distract myself until my email dings.
Original post by tinababy

Thanks so much.

I would so that in those circumstances, most of the time people will do well. However it doesn't always turn out that way; last year I got the top mark in my year on my history prelim, and never dropped below an A all year but I got a B in the exam. Sometimes regardless of how much preparation you do you just don't perform on the day. But as long as you put in the work, you stand a good chance of an A.
Original post by TechGirl1

Yeah I know how you feel right now. And the worst is that the results might not come until right before 9am :frown:.

Are you doing an all nighter or just staying up for a bit tho?

Good luck and i hope you do well!!!!!!
I'm clothing it give me mental strength

Posted from TSR Mobile
no one I know seems to have results yet nor people on twitter :frown: hurry up SQA!!!!!!!!!
Original post by laurenmhari
I feel so sick OH MY GOD

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could be up for another 4/5 hours, maybe it's better just to sleep and get them when you wake up? :smile:
Original post by laurenmhari
I feel so sick OH MY GOD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! I'm trying to do everything to distract myself from it but the thought doesn't go away. Not even breathing properly!! It's like wanting to rip a plaster off - just want this over and done with!
Guys remember there's no guarantee your results will come at around 1/2, you could be waiting until 4/5 or even later sadly!
Anyone got there results??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending