The Student Room Group

Clearing doubts

IB student here. So I missed my firm offer for KCL law this year by 2 points. They've put my offer on hold- but I'm making a plan B to fall back on in case that doesn't work.
Had a few questions...

1) Do universities start updating clearing availability on Scottish results day? 8th August this year?
2) Do uni's that have put offers on hold confirm or reject before 17th of Aug based of SQA results?
3)Any tips how to manage clearing days on both 8th august and 17th august to secure my course?
4) How long do you get to confirm a clearing provisional offer?
5) Have uni's which did not offer a course eg law for clearing end up offering it to someone anyway based on that year's result trends?
6) Is there an option to reject confirmed clearing offer?(Just in case..planning for everything that could go right or wrong)

Ik its a lot but any help would be appreciated!!!
Original post by Noctkul
IB student here. So I missed my firm offer for KCL law this year by 2 points. They've put my offer on hold- but I'm making a plan B to fall back on in case that doesn't work.
Had a few questions...

1) Do universities start updating clearing availability on Scottish results day? 8th August this year?
2) Do uni's that have put offers on hold confirm or reject before 17th of Aug based of SQA results?
3)Any tips how to manage clearing days on both 8th august and 17th august to secure my course?
4) How long do you get to confirm a clearing provisional offer?
5) Have uni's which did not offer a course eg law for clearing end up offering it to someone anyway based on that year's result trends?
6) Is there an option to reject confirmed clearing offer?(Just in case..planning for everything that could go right or wrong)

Ik its a lot but any help would be appreciated!!!

The majority of clearing updates will happen on 17 August as there are far more A level than SQA candidates, so I suspect your KCL offer will be on hold until then. For details of how to navigate clearing, please read the very detailed clearing FAQ megathread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375264

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending