The Student Room Group

To those that does not stand on either side(Israel or Gaza). Why?

So the other thread I've made about which side are you on ( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2743060 ) some of you guys don't support either side. I would like to hear why?
Ignorance. I don't feel I know enough about the conflict to make a judgement.
Right now, I don't support any side. I would never support Israel as long as it remains a Zionist nation and since it did the unforgivable thing of driving out people from their own homes.

I sympathise with the people in Gaza and I would love to see Palestinians to be free. But I don't agree on any other way than a political way. Hamas should have opted for Peace. It ain't cowardice but its the wisest thing to do. Hamas aren't doing the right thing by firing rockets. What would it achieve? Just a retaliation (on the grounds that Isreal as a right to protect its citizens) and then perhaps Gaza could accuse Israel of war crimes. I don't see any significant benefit in this, particularly since many civilians in Gaza could be killed. If the Arabs want Israel to give up their occupied lands by fighting then a weakling like Hamas isn't enough. They would be just shooting them selves on the foot and then call themselves "martyrs".

Palestine should be free at the expense of some Israeli land, that's a must. But right now, a political way is the sanest, unless more anti-zionist groups start attacking Israel militarily to get back their rightful land.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by limetang
Ignorance. I don't feel I know enough about the conflict to make a judgement.

This, combined with a general feeling that both sides (as in any conflict) have done enough **** wrong that neither of them are in the right: it's more a question of which is more wrong.
Probably because they don't to be called every name under the sun by pro-Palestinian supporters who seem bent on complaining but don't really have any idea of what the solution should be.
Because it's not a football game.
Reply 6
Original post by BlueSam3
This, combined with a general feeling that both sides (as in any conflict) have done enough **** wrong that neither of them are in the right: it's more a question of which is more wrong.

I agree, of course I have great sympathy for the Palestinian people and its difficult to side with Israel considering their actions and the death and destruction they've caused, but at the same time, it doesn't feel right to support the other side either, cause like I said in the other thread, their hands are hardly clean either and Hamas are certainly to blame somewhat for the conflict continuing as well. And I also can't help but wonder whether those who have all their eggs firmly in one basket for either side have properly looked at both sides of the story, rather than just blindly supporting one side cause it seems like the right thing to do.
I don't know the full story and I really don't care what the outcome is.
Reply 8
I don't support Hamas because they have the clear intention of targeting Israeli civilians. The fact that their weapons are largely ineffective does not excuse this.

I can't really support Israel either. Their response to coming under a bottle rocket barrage is heavy-handed to say the very least.
Reply 9
You're confused that people don't want to pick which bunch of murderous ***** they want to cheer on to kill the most?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending