The Student Room Group

Thousands flee the United States.

Thousands flee the United States. According to the web siteEscapingAmerica.org, each year thousands of Americans leave the U.S. fora new home aboard. According to the main contributors of the site, thereare many reason for this, including economical issue such as wagescontinuing to decline. Also crime is on the rise. The cost of health carein the US is a big problem, too. Americans pay more for health care thanany other country, yet America ranks only 38th in the world in terms ofhealth care. Lastly, education in the U.S. is extremely expensive. Andgetting in to a college can be very difficult even if you can afford it.[Name] is a 30 year resident of the U.S.. He moved his family back toJapan due to the cost of health care and education. Health care in Japanis free and the education is extremely high quality. Why should thisconcern us? He took his high income and his company back to Japan.Meanwhile, America continues to allow many immigrants in to the country,and most are primarily poor. When Americans leave they take their socialsecurity, their retirement benefits and IRAs with them. And many timesthe company jobs.

Education: Each year thousands of students travel abroad for education.Again this is a case of U.S. dollars flowing out of the country. One suchstudent we talked with told us he was not able to get into medical schoolhere, even with a 4.0 GPA and an IQ of 185. But he was able to getstudent loans totaling $250,000 and he qualified for medical school inthe Dominican Republic. That's more money flowing out of the U.S.. Moreand more Americans now travel abroad for education. Each year thousandsof doctors come from India because America cannot educate doctors fastenough for the growing demand of an ailing society. The U.S. allowsroughly 70,000 work visas for highly educated foreigners to come and workin the country. These companies insist that they cannot find skilledlabor here, and that Americans just do not have the education needed tofill these jobs.

Health Care: Statistics show that for every one person coming to the U.S.for medical care, more than 12 travel outside the U.S. to countries likeThailand that average over 5,000 foreigners each day for medical care.Think about that: 35,000 patients each week travel to Thailand formedical care, while the U.S. averages only about 60,000 foreign patientsper year who come for medical treatment. Most of the 60,000 come frompoor countries with little or no medical care, while over 700,000 leaveto get medical treatment in foreign countries.

Standard of living: The cost of living in many countries is a fraction ofthe cost needed to live in the U.S.. One expatriate, James, tells us,"Because many counties have such great transportation system thereis no need to own a car. This saves me about $750 a month alone, with noneed for gas, no car payment and no need for insurance. I can now afforda maid. I can afford a massage several times each week. I eat atrestaurants every day. I wasn't able to do any of those things in theU.S.. Medical care is so inexpensive for me now, I can just pay as I goand there is no wait. I can see doctors, same day, without an aappointment."

The Editor of Escaping America states that by the year 2025 there will bemore people leaving the U.S. than coming to it.
Missing Numbers

One interesting number they missed is the number of men marryingand moving overseas. A recent article regarding international marriageagencies says that they have seen a major shift from men marrying foreignwomen and bringing them to the USA, and are now moving to the countrieswhere the women reside. Kenneth Agee, Marketing Director of A ForeignAffair - an international dating company that takes groups of men toforeign countries to meet foreign women - says, "More and more menare now moving to her country, where before women wanted to come to theUSA. With the standard of living greatly increasing in other countriesand the internet making work from any location possible, men are happy tomove abroad. Many men now marry foreign women and then retire to hercountry. In China, where Chinese men will not marry women who make moremoney than them, hundreds of thousands of extremely rich and beautifulsingle females are available for courtship. So the old idea thatthese women are just marrying for a green card is debunked. For the guysmoving from the USA to counties like Shanghai and Shenzhen, it is a bigmove up. These are huge, very modern and upscale cities."

A Foreign Affair (AFA) which helps thousands of men each yearfind foreign brides a estimates that they will soon see more men leavingto marry aboard and live then bringing them back to theUSA.

Quick Reply

Latest