The Student Room Group

Is the physiotherapy market over-subscribed?

After seeing a discussion about the situation for newly qualified pharmacists, I was wondering what the situation (post-graduation) was like for physiotherapists?

CSP says that it's benchmark of employment figures is how many people take out full membership with them and that it's around 70% of each years cohort. Just wondering how much truth is in this as I've found nothing in my own research.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhysioMatt
After seeing a discussion about the situation for newly qualified pharmacists, I was wondering what the situation (post-graduation) was like for physiotherapists?

CSP says that it's benchmark of employment figures is how many people take out full membership with them and that it's around 70% of each years cohort. Just wondering how much truth is in this as I've found nothing in my own research.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply to you! :smile:

[scroll]:ninja:[/scroll]
Reply 2
I would have thought that the market would be booming as we have an aging population but that's just my take on things- nothing to support it
Original post by PhysioMatt

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be perfectly honest with you apart from medicine and dentistry, all these similar professions are going to be/are saturated.
Student numbers for medicine/dentistry/vet are controlled by the government to control the workforce and so they will always be in high demand and short/stable supply.
Personally, I think physiotherapy is much better than pharmacy since you can be a 'good' or 'top' physiotherapist and so you can be very successful, you can never be a 'top' pharmacist - its just a semi decent job with a semi decent salary.
Reply 4
Original post by alevelzzz
To be perfectly honest with you apart from medicine and dentistry, all these similar professions are going to be/are saturated.
Student numbers for medicine/dentistry/vet are controlled by the government to control the workforce and so they will always be in high demand and short/stable supply.
Personally, I think physiotherapy is much better than pharmacy since you can be a 'good' or 'top' physiotherapist and so you can be very successful, you can never be a 'top' pharmacist - its just a semi decent job with a semi decent salary.

Physiotherapy places are also moderated by the Department of Health but thanks for the info! Yeah I've heard that pharmacy is way over-subscribed recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending