The Student Room Group

Russian countermeasures. No fear?

http://rt.com/news/178192-putin-sanctions-west-response/

Russian President Vladimir Putin has urged his government to come up with countermeasures to Western sanctions imposed against Russia over the Ukrainian conflict.

As I said before, I didn't like this kind of war. Now I hate it. It's not economic sanction against Russia. It's economic warfare started by Obama, a meddling kid.

There will be no winners. It's finally not the win-win outcome. The world will be suffering.

Scroll to see replies

What countermeasures? That certain westerners can't go to Vladivostok? Wow, that such a huge punishment, but I guess we'll have to swallow it somehow... lol. Cutting the gas/oil supply will destroy Russia, so don't expect that to happen and apparently, Russia's rhetoric on ukrainian separatism is already sparking bigger calls for autonomy in Russia itself. The Kremlin has already banned a protest in siberia for greater freedom and autonomy that was supposed to take place in 17th august, a very hypocritical move. Why is the People's republic of Donetks a good thing, but a People's republic of Siberia a bad thing?

The USA is the only country that has showed any backbone against russian aggression in Ukraine. EU only barks, but doesn't bite - the fundamentally different attitudes that EU member states have in regards to the ukranian crisis clearly illustrates the weakness of EU. The total disunity of foreign policy and a total lack of a singular sense of identity and purpose. France will still ship the two mistrals to Russia, which is an incredibly cynical message to send to Ukraine.

You call Obama a meddling kid? I call EU a bunch of pussies, who are so used to modern day conveniences that they're willing to sell out an entire country to Russia as long as they get to preserve the life of Facebook statues, Iphones and an overall lifestyle of instant gratification.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by skunkboy
http://rt.com/news/178192-putin-sanctions-west-response/

Russian President Vladimir Putin has urged his government to come up with countermeasures to Western sanctions imposed against Russia over the Ukrainian conflict.

As I said before, I didn't like this kind of war. Now I hate it. It's not economic sanction against Russia. It's economic warfare started by Obama, a meddling kid.

There will be no winners. It's finally not the win-win outcome. The world will be suffering.

I'm all for it.

Its bad for individual states but overall Russia is hit much harder by sanctions and frankly I don't trust them nor like them. If they attempt to harm western interests then I say go for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Zorgotron
What countermeasures? That certain westerners can't go to Vladivostok? Wow, that such a huge punishment, but I guess we'll have to swallow it somehow... lol. Cutting the gas/oil supply will destroy Russia, so don't expect that to happen and apparently, Russia's rhetoric on ukrainian separatism is already sparking bigger calls for autonomy in Russia itself. The Kremlin has already banned a protest in siberia for greater freedom and autonomy that was supposed to take place in 17th august, a very hypocritical move. Why is the People's republic of Donetks a good thing, but a People's republic of Siberia a bad thing?

The USA is the only country that has showed any backbone against russian aggression in Ukraine. EU only barks, but doesn't bite - the fundamentally different attitudes that EU member states have in regards to the ukranian crisis clearly illustrates the weakness of EU. The total disunity of foreign policy and a total lack of a singular sense of identity and purpose. France will still ship the two mistrals to Russia, which is an incredibly cynical message to send to Ukraine.

You call Obama a meddling kid? I call EU a bunch of pussies, who are so used to modern day conveniences that they're willing to sell out an entire country to Russia as long as they get to preserve the life of Facebook statues, Iphones and an overall lifestyle of instant gratification.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2014-08/07/c_133537288.htm

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/08/06/poll_obama_approval_rating_at_new_low_123580.html

It seems to me that Obama is isolating himself from Americans or the world.

Poor meddling kid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Rakas21
I'm all for it.

Its bad for individual states but overall Russia is hit much harder by sanctions and frankly I don't trust them nor like them. If they attempt to harm western interests then I say go for it.

Obama & those jingoes attempted to harm West.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Today I learned Russia is apparently the rest of the world.
Oh noes! Sanctions from the mighty Russian economy. Oh wait, it's about the same size as Italy's you say? M'kay, wake me up when something is worth caring about.
Reply 7
Obama & those jingoes attempted to harm West.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go on..
Reply 8
Original post by Zorgotron
Today I learned Russia is apparently the rest of the world.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/08/07/many-americans-renounce-citizenship-hitting-new-record

Lol. And today I learned US is apparently the rest of the world!!!

More Americans renounced citizenship.... Wow!!! Lol.

Goodbye America!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by MancStudent098
Oh noes! Sanctions from the mighty Russian economy. Oh wait, it's about the same size as Italy's you say? M'kay, wake me up when something is worth caring about.

Did I wake you up? Sorry I didn't mean to make you scared. Sorry...for destroying your sweet dreams about US or UK economy. Please forgive me... please.. lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Rakas21
Go on..

Of course they did. I hope Obama & those flag-wavers know nothing about German leader's sex life. Snooping is harmful? Not sure... hehe..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course they did. I hope Obama & those flag-wavers know nothing about German leader's sex life. Snooping is harmful? Not sure... hehe..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm all for spying, our species is far from unified.
I don't agree with Russian interference in Ukraine. There is one thing as supporting the will of the people in Crimea and holding a referedum and annexing to craft a sort of modern-era Soviet Union and a totally different thing to pursuing any form of agression in Ukraine. I know not everybody holds the same point of view for Crimea and think referendums could be corrupted but there are no official reports to suggest as such and in this day and age if there are still no official reports by let's say The Washington Post then it would be wise to drop the act and just accept the state of affairs!

I don't understand this game of sanctions though, why can't communities just be civil and aim to sort issues out democratically? Western sanctions against Russia are harming the state. I can see that Japan has been included in the game too. When will people wake up and realise that Shinzo Abe is nothing like the previous prime ministers' in his country? He supports nationalism and is all for speaking out against US domination in the country - but clearly some people in Japanese politics still think they live in the '90s and not the 2000s. I agree with OP, President Obama is just meddling like anything, and so are his allies. If you want to support Ukraine, then please stop with the sanctions and sort things out diplomatically please - there is a reason the EU doesn't do much but says a lot on the matter! This GI Joe attitude needs to stop, and they're not even Republicans, who seem more moderate to me right about now, with Mitt Romney at the helm! :lolwut:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fashion Girl
I don't agree with Russian interference in Ukraine. There is one thing as supporting the will of the people in Crimea and holding a referedum and annexing to craft a sort of modern-era Soviet Union and a totally different thing to pursuing any form of agression in Ukraine. I know not everybody holds the same point of view for Crimea and think referendums could be corrupted but there are no official reports to suggest as such and in this day and age if there are still no official reports by let's say The Washington Post then it would be wise to drop the act and just accept the state of affairs!

I don't understand this game of sanctions though, why can't communities just be civil and aim to sort issues out democratically? Western sanctions against Russia are harming the state. I can see that Japan has been included in the game too. When will people wake up and realise that Shinzo Abe is nothing like the previous prime ministers' in his country? He supports nationalism and is all for speaking out against US domination in the country - but clearly some people in Japanese politics still think they live in the '90s and not the 2000s. I agree with OP, President Obama is just meddling like anything, and so are his allies. If you want to support Ukraine, then please stop with the sanctions and sort things out diplomatically please - there is a reason the EU doesn't do much but says a lot on the matter! This GI Joe attitude needs to stop, and they're not even Republicans, who seem more moderate to me right about now, with Mitt Romney at the helm! :lolwut:

Being fair to Abe he presides over a nation with more pensioners than children, an economy which is pretty unstable for the last 15 years or so and has to deal with a posturing China. While I think he's missing the point with the economy I very much support the rearming of Japan and would even support them going nuclear.
How is Obama meddling, the guy checked out of the job ages ago, he plays more golf and goes on more holidays than Bush ffs :colonhash:

As for the sanctions, Russia are responding in a tit-for-tat method which is biting all in the arse, they have place import sanctions on food for example which has hit parts of the EU hard while the EU has sanctioned banks and energy firms from getting capital which has started to hit the banks but not by as much as it has in Russia.

Russia can afford to cut off gas and oil, once Russia does that, the EU will buckle.
Reply 15
Original post by Rakas21
I'm all for spying, our species is far from unified.

So you spy on your lovers or friends? You don't trust anyone?

What about trade secrets & confidential business info? What will happen if Obama & his teams misuse those spying tools?

Who can guarantee they won't be like a thief? Their parents?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you spy on your lovers or friends? You don't trust anyone?

What about trade secrets & confidential business info? What will happen if Obama & his teams misuse those spying tools?

Who can guarantee they won't be like a thief? Their parents?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is international politics. So long as our species is not politically unified it is important to exploit whatever information you can.
Reply 17
Original post by Fashion Girl

1. They are all playing the game called ' the world domination ' They have been trying to rule the world.

2. Economic sanctions are just part of the game.

3. Someone said " Japan is practically the 51st state of US." Kinda funny, isn't it? Lol. But the people in such state don't speak American English. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by tehFrance
How is Obama meddling, the guy checked out of the job ages ago, he plays more golf and goes on more holidays than Bush ffs :colonhash:

As for the sanctions, Russia are responding in a tit-for-tat method which is biting all in the arse, they have place import sanctions on food for example which has hit parts of the EU hard while the EU has sanctioned banks and energy firms from getting capital which has started to hit the banks but not by as much as it has in Russia.

Russia can afford to cut off gas and oil, once Russia does that, the EU will buckle.

Lol. I called Obama a meddling kid because he liked to snoop around. German leader is a terrorist? Why he spied on her? He wanted to blackmail her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. They are all playing the game called ' the world domination ' They have been trying to rule the world.

2. Economic sanctions are just part of the game.

3. Someone said " Japan is practically the 51st state of US." Kinda funny, isn't it? Lol. But the people in such state don't speak American English. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like the UK tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending