The Student Room Group

I would like to help with russian

Hi all,
I would like to help with Russian in exchange for a similar help with English.

I am a Russian native and learning English extensively, but I lack practice in listening and talking. So, I'd like to talk in English sometimes asking to repeat something and expecting mistakes to be spotted at least sometimes.

I can talk in Russian, explain it, and fix grammar and other mistakes. I'd love to converse on various topics, in particular, about Russian literature, programming, and the comparison of English and Russian.

I propose such an exchange because It is interesting for me to talk with someone learning my native language, and because I understand that while talking with me in English could be interesting, giving me the necessary help still requires some effort.

I hope to be helpful to someone :smile:
Reply 1
Heyy, this is great. I'm doing Russian a-level, so I'm doing a bit literature and lots of culture talk but my speaking is horrible :,) I'd say my reading and listening is very good just not speaking and writing as much. So maybe we can help each other out :smile:
Original post by Rinat Stryungis
Hi all,
I would like to help with Russian in exchange for a similar help with English.

I am a Russian native and learning English extensively, but I lack practice in listening and talking. So, I'd like to talk in English sometimes asking to repeat something and expecting mistakes to be spotted at least sometimes.

I can talk in Russian, explain it, and fix grammar and other mistakes. I'd love to converse on various topics, in particular, about Russian literature, programming, and the comparison of English and Russian.

I propose such an exchange because It is interesting for me to talk with someone learning my native language, and because I understand that while talking with me in English could be interesting, giving me the necessary help still requires some effort.

I hope to be helpful to someone :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by victso
Heyy, this is great. I'm doing Russian a-level, so I'm doing a bit literature and lots of culture talk but my speaking is horrible :,) I'd say my reading and listening is very good just not speaking and writing as much. So maybe we can help each other out :smile:

Hi, victso!

I definitely can help you. At least I would try
We could try different forms of conversation, for example, I speak in Russian and you in English and vice-versa.
Reply 3
Привет! Я сейчас сдаю A-levels по русскому, но честно говорит, мне очень трудно. Если бы вы можете мне помогать, я тоже могу говорить с вами по-английски. Что вы думаете?

Translation:
Hi! I'm currently doing Alevels in Russian, but to be honest, I find it very difficult. If you could please help me, I can converse with you in English. Are you interested?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending