The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
whitewitch
What is the highest mark out of 600 you have known anyone to get for maths A level? just interested!

i know someone who got 598 for phys a-level. he didn't drop many for maths either, tho i'm not sure what he got for that.
one of my students got 600 last year, and 592 for further maths
Reply 3
Apparently somone at my school didnt drop a mark over any of his AS's. He took maths and further maths, so got 600/600, i dont know what he got for his A-levels.
Reply 4
its not that difficult if you do all the past papers and guess what questions are coming up. Remember the mark isnt the 'actual' mark that you get in the exam. They scale them up. ie: so you could get 97 and be given a mark of 100

I got 299 in ASlevel. Dropped about 7 in P3 though so blew it for A :biggrin:
Reply 5
I got something pretty good for A-Level Maths better than what I am likely to get for this afternoons exam. (Cry)
Reply 6
Lol I'm going for 300 in AS, but I think I'll mess decision up :tongue:
Reply 7
mik1a
Lol I'm going for 300 in AS, but I think I'll mess decision up :tongue:

I got 300 for Physics and am aiming at 600/600! Will be hard work, as I don't revise Physics as much as everything else but I'm desperately going to try - just need to make sure practical goes well.
Reply 8
Hoofbeat
I got 300 for Physics and am aiming at 600/600! Will be hard work, as I don't revise Physics as much as everything else but I'm desperately going to try - just need to make sure practical goes well.

OMG... help me revise! Ill pay u LOL
300/300... that's insane!

Well done!
i gt 30/30 for ma coursework in physics then i gt 18/90 4 module 3
Reply 10
mik1a
OMG... help me revise! Ill pay u LOL
300/300... that's insane!

Well done!

lol! I ordered my papers back as well, just so I could look over them and discovered that unfortunately although I had full UMS marks I'd lost like 2/3marks on each paper! I really would love to get 600/600 for my A-Level, but think it's quite unlikely, as it's hard to get really high marks on Synoptic (got 86% though in mock which I was pleased with). My mate also got 300/300 in her Biology, so if you need any bio help just ask and i'll ask her! Saying that, somehow I got full marks for my unit 1 & 2 but didnt do as well on unit3 (horrible boring paper). I could NEVER get full marks in maths though (closest was 96/100 for M1!)! I just really really really hope I get my A in maths so I meet my offer. So If you want any help with AS just ask :smile:

Must go - Maths Revision beckons!
Reply 11
I have done 6 maths modules so far (P1-4,S1,D1) and the combined UMS is 582. I thought I had done well, but it seems that my score is the lowest on this thread so far.
Reply 12
mikesgt2
I have done 6 maths modules so far (P1-4,S1,D1) and the combined UMS is 582. I thought I had done well, but it seems that my score is the lowest on this thread so far.

I wouldn't worry it's a VERY high A still. you'll easily beat me anyways. I've got 276/300 for AS (P1=89, S1=91 & M1=96) so I have to make sure my A2 modules (P2, P3 & M2) are good to reach the 480 goal post <prays>.
Reply 13
Hoofbeat
I wouldn't worry it's a VERY high A still. you'll easily beat me anyways. I've got 276/300 for AS (P1=89, S1=91 & M1=96) so I have to make sure my A2 modules (P2, P3 & M2) are good to reach the 480 goal post <prays>.

You didn't have to do P2 for AS? My modules are as follows

AS: P1, P2, S1
A2: P3, S2, M1
AS f.maths: P4, P5, D1

We had to do P2 for AS.
Reply 14
What the hell. You guys are all insane.
I got 258 for AS and even im hoping to get an A..

Hoofbeat..276 is more than enuf to be on target for an A.
Reply 15
ShOcKzZ
What the hell. You guys are all insane.
I got 258 for AS and even im hoping to get an A..

Hoofbeat..276 is more than enuf to be on target for an A.

I originally had 256 until I redid M1 in jan and went up by 20marks (i dunno what went wrong the first time!).

I'm still worried though - especially about P3! M2 doesn't worry me and P2 should be ok... arghh!!
Reply 16
mikesgt2

I wouldn't worry, I've done 9 and my score is 845/900, which is a bit lower than yours percent wise :biggrin:.
An average of 94 UMS per module. (theone)
mikesgt2

An average of 97 UMS per module. (Superb)
Hoofbeat
I originally had 256 until I redid M1 in jan and went up by 20marks (i dunno what went wrong the first time!).

I'm still worried though - especially about P3! M2 doesn't worry me and P2 should be ok... arghh!!

P2 should definitely be fine. I've finished P2 (AQA) and it is a synch. I heard P2 edexcel may be a touch harder, however Edexcel even leave Functions until P2 so it can't be that bad TBH!

Latest