The Student Room Group

Request remarking A-Level Maths OCR

Can anyone ask remarking for A-Level papers? How many marks are realistically expected to be revised?

I need 7 points for maths A. Even if my marks got revised lower, my mark is well beyond B boundary, so I expect no chance to move down to C.
Moved to A-levels forum :smile:

Hello, thanks for your query.

So first thing is that "remarks" are actually called a review of marking. It's a check that exam boards do to make sure the exam board has followed the correct processes and calculated your grade correctly. It's not where they will look at your answers and re-evaluate them.

If you are close to the grade above in a subject, it may be worth getting a review of marking and you need to speak to your school about this. If you are close to the grade below, getting a review of marking can be risky because there is a small chance that your marks can be lowered.

Most grades will stay the same, some go up and a small amount may go down. The first thing that you need to do is talk about this to your school. One question, is university your next step?
Reply 2
Original post by Miki M
Can anyone ask remarking for A-Level papers? How many marks are realistically expected to be revised?

I need 7 points for maths A. Even if my marks got revised lower, my mark is well beyond B boundary, so I expect no chance to move down to C.

7 marks is a lot to find for Maths - have you got copies of your scripts? This has to be done via your school ..
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
7 marks is a lot to find for Maths - have you got copies of your scripts? This has to be done via your school ..

Will get my scripts at least. As this year marking appeared particularly all over, I thought just taking a chance wouldn't be bad.
Reply 4
Original post by Miki M
Will get my scripts at least. As this year marking appeared particularly all over, I thought just taking a chance wouldn't be bad.

What do you mean 'all over' - Maths tends to be very accurate - I've checked a few papers close to the grade boundaries and not found one mark yet.

Quick Reply

Latest