The Student Room Group

Third in the first year - how much harm will it do?

Going to start applying for summers in September and would like to know how hard is it going to be given my situation. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Starting second year soon doing Economics at a target. Screwed up my grades in my first year and will most likely end up with a Third (45%, after I'll resit a few modules I'm asked to). Have 2-3 strongly related work experience in the financial sector, pretty good extracurriculars and impressive pre-university grades. I got a spring week final interview with a BB but I also screwed that up (lack of preparation). I'm getting my **** together this year both academically and professionally, but would like to get your opinion on how much are the first year grades going to count, which firms will restrict me to apply for their programmes because of them, how many firms ask about them on their applications and how should I go about it on the CV - put a predicted for the second year of 2.1 I would think?

Thanks a lot.
Original post by sheldon420
Going to start applying for summers in September and would like to know how hard is it going to be given my situation. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Starting second year soon doing Economics at a target. Screwed up my grades in my first year and will most likely end up with a Third (45%, after I'll resit a few modules I'm asked to). Have 2-3 strongly related work experience in the financial sector, pretty good extracurriculars and impressive pre-university grades. I got a spring week final interview with a BB but I also screwed that up (lack of preparation). I'm getting my **** together this year both academically and professionally, but would like to get your opinion on how much are the first year grades going to count, which firms will restrict me to apply for their programmes because of them, how many firms ask about them on their applications and how should I go about it on the CV - put a predicted for the second year of 2.1 I would think?

Thanks a lot.

A lot. Almost every company, especially in IB, are expecting students to be on at least a 2.1, not even a 2.2. So I don't know how it will pan out for you with a third.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending