The Student Room Group

A-level Geography NEA - Place of study

I want my question to be "To what extent do socioeconomic inequalities impact X?" or something like that, where X is a place about an hour away from me, rather than local. Is there a point in going to a more diverse place to collect data on inequalities, or should I just try and make do with the more local suburban area I live in. I feel like most the people in my class are going to use more local places and I'll be an anomaly, so I'm unsure what to do now.
Original post by elemenohpee
I want my question to be "To what extent do socioeconomic inequalities impact X?" or something like that, where X is a place about an hour away from me, rather than local. Is there a point in going to a more diverse place to collect data on inequalities, or should I just try and make do with the more local suburban area I live in. I feel like most the people in my class are going to use more local places and I'll be an anomaly, so I'm unsure what to do now.

depends on how much time you are able to have in the far away place to collect data. also depends on whether the local place would be as good of a use as the far away place. If the far away place is more suitable and you get enough time to data collect then theres no harm in doing it there
Reply 2
Original post by aahhasdhhasdh
depends on how much time you are able to have in the far away place to collect data. also depends on whether the local place would be as good of a use as the far away place. If the far away place is more suitable and you get enough time to data collect then theres no harm in doing it there

thank you!! how many people per class usually are there doing a further away place, or is it usually everyone doing local studies in general classes?

Hi,
It would depend which is more suitable, for instance is there more interesting things to discuss in the local or further away place. Also, bare in mind how easy the places are to get to to do data collection as you might have to spend a few days doing different types of data collection. Overall though, i wouldn't worry as the most important thing will be how you answer the questions eg. results and discussion of results are the most important.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador, 3rd year Geography)
thank you!! how many people per class usually are there doing a further away place, or is it usually everyone doing local studies in general classes?

i'd say like a third of people did it far away but im not entirely sure
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending