The Student Room Group

Prom Outfits, Girls and Guys!

Will you keep it forever? If it was expensive would you consider selling it when you're desperate for cash? Do you have pictures to share? There have been a couple times when I've been penniless that my thoughts have flicked to mine sat in the wardrobe. My prom was 7 years ago now but I don't think I'll get rid of it. It is a Gina Bacconi that I found on the off chance, as soon as I saw it I knew it was mine :h:

Scroll to see replies

I actually don't know what I'll do with it, I haven't thought about it! I'll probably keep it though. At the end of the day, it was a really cute dress. I hope I have the opportunity to wear it again someday, but it is really quite formal...
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407722497.141696.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1407722516.888750.jpg

This was my dress, it wasn't expensive I don't think :smile: And I'm keeping it! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by timetogettoned
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407722497.141696.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1407722516.888750.jpg

This was my dress, it wasn't expensive I don't think :smile: And I'm keeping it! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh perdy :h:

I love the colour and the detail down the side. Also, you can definitely wear it again :coma:
Original post by DeceitfulDove
Oooh perdy :h:

I love the colour and the detail down the side. Also, you can definitely wear it again :coma:

Awww, thank you!

Yours is beautiful and I definitely wouldn't sell it :wink:
I was a bit of an goth in high school :tongue: I've still got it, haven't worn it since. It was only about £40 which was way cheaper than some of the girl in my school who were going in £300 + dresses :O I'd consider selling it if I reallllly needed some quick cash.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
I was a bit of an goth in high school :tongue: I've still got it, haven't worn it since. It was only about £40 which was way cheaper than some of the girl in my school who were going in £300 + dresses :O I'd consider selling it if I reallllly needed some quick cash.

Can't imagine spending hundreds on my prom dress :tongue:

Nice dress! :h:
Original post by timetogettoned
Can't imagine spending hundreds on my prom dress :tongue:

Nice dress! :h:

Thanks! :smile:
And I know, even if I could afford it easily I still don't think I'd be able to justify it. I'd rather get a laptop or something :tongue:
My year 11 prom was last year. It was this Karen Millen dress. It really stood out because everyone else wore a single colour :cool: Definitely keeping it - never gonna sell it!! Never!!
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
My year 11 prom was last year. It was this Karen Millen dress. It really stood out because everyone else wore a single colour :cool: Definitely keeping it - never gonna sell it!! Never!!

Wow, love the design! :biggrin: How much was it?
Original post by happysmile
Wow, love the design! :biggrin: How much was it?

Thank you!! I got it on sale for £90 and before it was £180 or £215 - can't remember.

This was mine from my Year 11 prom in May, proper princess dress :') Don't think I'd ever sell it. It's too pretty to look at!:tongue:
My mum made my prom dress, so I don't think I will sell it, just maybe alter it to be a bit more wearable :biggrin: Btw it is a Audrey Hepburn style dress in dark green :P
Will you keep it forever? If it was expensive would you consider selling it when you're desperate for cash? Do you have pictures to share? There have been a couple times when I've been penniless that my thoughts have flicked to mine sat in the wardrobe. My prom was 7 years ago now but I don't think I'll get rid of it. It is a Gina Bacconi that I found on the off chance, as soon as I saw it I knew it was mine :h:

Its so cute xx Big question is ... does it fit?? :wink:
Original post by RookieblueFreak
Its so cute xx Big question is ... does it fit?? :wink:

Like a glove :wink:
I wore this "little black dress" to my prom:

Spoiler

It's simple but I think it's still got style - love it!
Original post by ThaeyrynTheDwarf
My mum made my prom dress, so I don't think I will sell it, just maybe alter it to be a bit more wearable :biggrin: Btw it is a Audrey Hepburn style dress in dark green :P

Wow, a handmade prom dress! And an Audrey Hepburn style dress too :colondollar: sounds so unique - would love to see what it looks like! :redface:
This was mine in June, I don't think I could ever wear it again casually it's way too glittery :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I love mine so so so much :love:.

Unfortunately I'm slouching in the pic, but I couldn't find another one that shows the entire dress.

Reply 19

Mine consisted of Trainers, Jeans and a borrowed ****.

Needless to say it all got discarded :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest