The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

A one off game, and it's hilarious how gassed United fans are. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91
A one off game, and it's hilarious how gassed United fans are. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you not be if you were watching a new signing like Di Maria absolutely tear it up in a Liverpool shirt?

All of our new signings looked excellent too. Only one game sure but it was already expected they would be quality before today, this just confirms it further.

Why not be excited? Our midfield has gone from Cleverley and Fletcher to Blind, Herrera, Di Maria. No one said we're winning the league.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hayles101
Would you not be if you were watching a new signing like Di Maria absolutely tear it up in a Liverpool shirt?

All of our new signings looked excellent too. Only one game sure but it was already expected they would be quality before today, this just confirms it further.

Why not be excited? Our midfield has gone from Cleverley and Fletcher to Blind, Herrera, Di Maria. No one said we're winning the league.

Tearing up QPR lmao

5 points from a piss easy start even more lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91
Tearing up QPR lmao

£25m on Adam Lallana lmao
Original post by sr90

£28m on Luke Shaw lmao
Pissed about the performance last night, Brendan made a mistake of playing Markovic AND Lallana, plus Sakho was given the go ahead, too many changes I reckon.

Ah well, Tuesday Night! Champions League football! Cant wait! Does anyone know if its on Sky, I checked on the website but can't be sure.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, QPR are terrible at the moment, even after the poor start you had I predicted a 4-0 win for you guys today, so I'm not surprised that that was the actual result.

If I was a United fan I wouldn't see this result as nothing more than a confidence booster for the squad, this should allow you to push on now.... we'll see. You have Leicester next, 'should' be another 3pts. Obviously I'm hoping you don't get it. lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PillsIV
I wouldn't jump to conclusions, QPR are terrible at the moment, even after the poor start you had I predicted a 4-0 win for you guys today, so I'm not surprised that that was the actual result.

If I was a United fan I wouldn't see this result as nothing more than a confidence booster for the squad, this should allow you to push on now.... we'll see. You have Leicester next, 'should' be another 3pts. Obviously I'm hoping you don't get it. lol

Fair statement and analysis. We will all have a good idea by game 10 I reckon, how the top 6 is going to look this season.

Too early to judge so far, but of course as a fan I am delighted to see a 4-0 against anyone, considering how low confidence has been after last season. I always said though, wait until the transfer window closes and our new signings play together before judging.

I do not believe after your teams poor performance yesterday you will just drop out of race for top 4. That would be jumping to ridiculous conclusions, which is what the press have done with us after our poor start, despite knowing not one of our six new signings were in the team and crap like Cleverley were playing. Never mind.. the media and some fans chat **** anyway. Costa will flop, Di Maria is not needed, Welbeck is the new Henry. It's funny really when you think back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Fair statement and analysis. We will all have a good idea by game 10 I reckon, how the top 6 is going to look this season.

Too early to judge so far, but of course as a fan I am delighted to see a 4-0 against anyone, considering how low confidence has been after last season. I always said though, wait until the transfer window closes and our new signings play together before judging.

I do not believe after your teams poor performance yesterday you will just drop out of race for top 4. That would be jumping to ridiculous conclusions, which is what the press have done with us after our poor start, despite knowing not one of our six new signings were in the team and crap like Cleverley were playing. Never mind.. the media and some fans chat **** anyway. Costa will flop, Di Maria is not needed, Welbeck is the new Henry. It's funny really when you think back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh tell me about it, the media are really quite crap. OOOH! Like recently when Welbeck scored the 2 goals for England, I remember the commentator saying, "What have United sold?" As if to say you've made a mistake..

Im sorry, but he scores 2 goals for England in a Euro Qualifier against a very poor Swiss side and suddenly he's being talked about as if he's bloody Henry.
£16 million is a great price for him, I wouldn't have paid anywhere near that. £10mil max.

And yeah, I think we'll do alright this season, won't be better than last (how can it be). Taking a realistic approach and add a dash of optimism, Id say a 3rd place finish for us. We've gotta start gelling the team together quick though.
Original post by CB91
Tearing up QPR lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's QPR. Who Spurs thrashed.

Anyway it's clear who will get relegated this season once more.
Madaina bit Mayweather, seems like a south America thing.. Lol
Original post by sr90

£30m on Herrera lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's Champions League Eve, people.
Original post by PillsIV
Oh tell me about it, the media are really quite crap. OOOH! Like recently when Welbeck scored the 2 goals for England, I remember the commentator saying, "What have United sold?" As if to say you've made a mistake..

Im sorry, but he scores 2 goals for England in a Euro Qualifier against a very poor Swiss side and suddenly he's being talked about as if he's bloody Henry.
£16 million is a great price for him, I wouldn't have paid anywhere near that. £10mil max.

And yeah, I think we'll do alright this season, won't be better than last (how can it be). Taking a realistic approach and add a dash of optimism, Id say a 3rd place finish for us. We've gotta start gelling the team together quick though.

You lot are in a similar situation to United as you've added a lot of key players. You do better 2nd half of the season under Rodgers, the champions league games help so the squad can gel.
Original post by PillsIV

I think Welbeck's a very astute signing from Wenger actually.

I would agree with you over the media hyperbole surrounding players like that, but it's par for the course. Welbeck IS worth around £16m when you think about it. Tottenham signed Darren Bent a few years back for the same price. Compared to some of the ludicrous fees (Carroll £35m, Shaw £30m, McCormack £11m) of British players, I think £16m is actually a bit of a steal for a player who has experience in big games, scores goals for his club and country, has World Cup/major tournament experience and has a PL winners medal to his name.
Since when did two English teams play on the same day in the Champions League? Waste of football.
Original post by Deshi
Since when did two English teams play on the same day in the Champions League? Waste of football.

what you mean? I'm pretty sure that always happens in the group stages?

Weird that 3 out of 4 of the english teams are playing against a german team this week though...
Reply 2177
Original post by Deshi

Well considering there are four English teams in the champions league, and there are only Tuesdays and Wednesdays allocates to champions league, I think it makes sense?

It's always been this way in the group stages?
Original post by jam278
what you mean? I'm pretty sure that always happens in the group stages?

Weird that 3 out of 4 of the english teams are playing against a german team this week though...

Original post by SHOO
Well considering there are four English teams in the champions league, and there are only Tuesdays and Wednesdays allocates to champions league, I think it makes sense?

It's always been this way in the group stages?

Has it? I've lost the plot, maybe I'm thinking of the changes to the knockout matches?
Original post by Deshi
Has it? I've lost the plot, maybe I'm thinking of the changes to the knockout matches?

Fair enough man.

btw girl in my sig is nina dobrev? You watched lets be cops. Girl got me gassed.

Quick Reply

Latest