The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Henderson makes a brilliant run; Balotelli kicks it as high as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was hopeful we'd at least improve in the second half.
we've gotten worse...

how can a team go so quickly from scoring for fun to not being able to score in a brothel?
I'm getting more and more despondent when it comes to Liverpool. Every single week we play like crap...
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Henderson makes a brilliant run; Balotelli kicks it as high as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly he's so much more likeable when he isn't playing for your team, finding it hard to warm up to him so far. Hurry up Sturridge

How the **** is that a foul ref
This season has been so **** so far. Bar Spurs game we've looked totally average at best throughout.

Something needs to change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sterling has been absolute ****e

Strong corner routine. Team is hopeless.
How ****ing stupid is Basel's manager. Get the bus out mate, and take Streller off. He's terrible on the counter.
Sterling's having a mare, Markovic is marginally better.

Grim viewing at best.
Original post by Deshi
Sterling has been absolute ****e

Strong corner routine. Team is hopeless.

not gonna criticise the lad too much because time and time again he shows us how good he can be.
he has been decent when the rest of the team have been terrible; every player can have a bad game or two.

the big problem i have is when somebody shows absolutely no positive signs and just keeps wasting opportunities like balotelli does.
when he's playing badly, it's almost as bad as having 10 men because he's such a wasteman when he isn't on his game.
(edited 9 years ago)
You cant blame sterling tbh, he's only 19 yet he has to almost carry Liverpool. He looks jaded and that's worrying for Liverpool.
Original post by Deshi
Honestly he's so much more likeable when he isn't playing for your team, finding it hard to warm up to him so far. Hurry up Sturridge

How the **** is that a foul ref

He purposely slows everything down. He clearly thinks he is on a par with Ronaldo considering the ridiculous punt of potshots and horrendously selfish attitude. The difference is that Ronaldo backs it all with goals. Balotelli just strolls about slowing everything down and generally just being in the way.

I at least thought he'd be fun :sad:

I can see why Balotelli has only scored one goal in his last 20 premier league matches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
my word sterling.

tried to defend him before but there's absolutely no excuse for that...
Benzema golaso
Remember when you all got mad at me for saying Welbeck is better than Balotelli
Original post by Lúcio
i was hopeful we'd at least improve in the second half.
we've gotten worse...

how can a team go so quickly from scoring for fun to not being able to score in a brothel?

If I had to take a guess id go for your most creative player and top scorer has left and your second top scorer from last season is injured
Original post by Lúcio

Selling your best player might have something to do with that.

If Sturridge isn't fit enough to start on Saturday, i'd honestly drop Balotelli and play Lambert. Not even joking.
Original post by baconbutty
If I had to take a guess id go for your most creative player and top scorer has left and your second top scorer from last season is injured

yeah, i was getting to that:tongue:
the issue i have is that although suarez and sturridge were world class last season, there were still 9 other players on the pitch.

now i do understnad morale, momentum and general high levels of attacking form but it's really depressing to see how terrible we are going forward just because we lost suarez and sturridge is out.
it isn't just balotelli missing sitters that sturridge would convert for fun, it's the general lack of creation which annoys me the most.
Lallana and Sturridge need to start this weekend, otherwise things could get worse.
Original post by sr90
If Sturridge isn't fit enough to start on Saturday, i'd honestly drop Balotelli and play Lambert. Not even joking.

i don't disagree.
at least lambert is a team player; he may not have massive quality but his own game is centred around flick ons for others and helping the team score goals.
as i've said too many times already this season, we don't deserve a bloody thing from this game.

Quick Reply

Latest