The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Well that was a bloody pen
Clear handball.
That was a penalty, what the **** referee
100% handball.

Should I be surprised that the referee screws us over yet again in a big premier league game?
Yeah should have been a pen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Matic is class. Chelsea are such a machine.
love commentators talking about how "impregnable" chelsea are.
yeah, only when they have cahill in goal too...
Original post by Lúcio
love commentators talking about how "impregnable" chelsea are.
yeah, only when they have cahill in goal too...

We were the better team overall. You were unlucky with that last decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Matic is class. Chelsea are such a machine.

Yeah, i really cant see anyone winning the title other than them. They have everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
We were the better team overall. You were unlucky with that last decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you were, you deserved the win.
but that doesn't mean your defenders are allowed to handle the ball...
Unlucky Liverpool. Should have easily been a penalty and a yellow and I'm a Chelsea fan.
However, Azpilicueta's run was correctly allowed to be played on because not all of the ball had been over the line.
Good game.
We can whine about the penalty but Chelsea were simply the better team. Difference between Rodgers and Mourinho today? Mourinho makes a sub in the 52nd minute, the sub pays off as Willian contributes to the goal, Rodgers makes a sub around the 70th minute and takes off our best players...

Why Allen comes on over Lallana, I just don't know...
Original post by Bromaldehyde
What the hell is Rodgers doing, why does he always sub off the best playing players

He spent £50m on Markovic and Lallana, yet he still relies on bringing Borini and Lambert off the bench when his team need a goal.

That's 2 wins from 8 league games now, simply not good enough given the quality of opposition Liverpool have faced during that run. Serious questions need to be asked about Rodgers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
you were, you deserved the win.
but that doesn't mean your defenders are allowed to handle the ball...

Admittedly it was a hand ball but I think he did make an effort to keep his hands close to his body so wasn't as deliberate as you're making it out to be. It looked like he tried to lean into it rather than just stick an arm out and ended up mistiming and hitting his arm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5335
Meh, the better side won. On to the next one.
Deigo ****ing Coasta
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
Deigo ****ing Coasta

Amen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brave decision midweek to rest big players against Real Madrid, looks like Rogers doesn't know what he's doing any more.
Original post by samir12
We can whine about the penalty but Chelsea were simply the better team. Difference between Rodgers and Mourinho today? Mourinho makes a sub in the 52nd minute, the sub pays off as Willian contributes to the goal, Rodgers makes a sub around the 70th minute and takes off our best players...

Why Allen comes on over Lallana, I just don't know...

i agree - chelsea were better and i never expected to get anything from them this season.

you wouldn't normally expect anything against madrid and chelsea anyway.
however the big problem lies with rodgers resting his entire team for madrid so they could play today, but still ending up with 0 points.
he is under pressure and he desperately needs sturridge back.

Original post by sr90
He spent £50m on Markovic and Lallana, yet he still relies on bringing Borini and Lambert off the bench when his team need a goal.

That's 2 wins from 7 league games now, simply not good enough given the quality of opposition Liverpool have faced during that run. Serious questions need to be asked about Rodgers.

you are of course correct however i would reserve criticism until after your match :wink:

Original post by Isometrix
Admittedly it was a hand ball but I think he did make an effort to keep his hands close to his body so wasn't as deliberate as you're making it out to be. It looked like he tried to lean into it rather than just stick an arm out and ended up mistiming and hitting his arm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i appreciate he made an effort not for the ball to hit his hand but the fact is that it hit it and the referee was a tool as always.
if we have the technology to give chelsea their GDS goal, why don't we have the technology to give us a penalty there?

Quick Reply

Latest