The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a123a
Hey remember me?! I got an open offer for medicine at Cambridge!

YAY! I'm so pleased for you! I was hoping to hear from you soon - a friend of mine at school also got an open offer for Medicine! :biggrin: (he applied to st john's too... 0.o)

Well well done! And omg the wait must've been awful :frown: But totally worth it!
Reply 901
Original post by aprocrastinator
YAY! I'm so pleased for you! I was hoping to hear from you soon - a friend of mine at school also got an open offer for Medicine! :biggrin: (he applied to st john's too... 0.o)

Well well done! And omg the wait must've been awful :frown: But totally worth it!

The waiting was horrendous, but I am glad that I got through it! It would be funny if I end up back at St John's after all of this waiting, but I'm wouldn't mind being told that I will be going to Downing College.:wink:
Original post by a123a
The waiting was horrendous, but I am glad that I got through it! It would be funny if I end up back at St John's after all of this waiting, but I'm wouldn't mind being told that I will be going to Downing College.:wink:

Kudos to you indeed! Well, Downing clearly is the best college at Cambridge (the accommodation is amazing, jokes aside) so you'd be very lucky indeed!
Reply 903
Kudos to you indeed! Well, Downing clearly is the best college at Cambridge (the accommodation is amazing, jokes aside) so you'd be very lucky indeed!

Haha :biggrin:

Nothing beats the new Stephen Hawking building at Caius though :biggrin:
Original post by Clai
Nothing beats the new Stephen Hawking building at Caius though :biggrin:

Haven't heard about that! Sounds awesome though, ngl :wink:
Haven't heard about that! Sounds awesome though, ngl :wink:

What did you get for GCSE if you don't mind me asking? :smile: :smile: :biggrin::yes::yep::yep::mmm::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
What did you get for GCSE if you don't mind me asking? :smile: :smile: :biggrin::yes::yep::yep::mmm::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 10A*s 2As A in FMSQ and A in critical thinking AS level :smile:
I got 10A*s 2As A in FMSQ and A in critical thinking AS level :smile:

Wow:biggrin: well done!
I would love to be in your position in a few years time☺☺😊:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diana99
Wow:biggrin: well done!
I would love to be in your position in a few years time☺☺😊:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Haha I would've said the same thing a few years ago :smile:
Hi, I know someone who wants to apply for medicine next year. Does anyone know of any personalised services (either online or otherwise) that will match an individual’s statistics to every university and tell you where you are most likely to get an interview, based on the entry requirements eg GCSEs, UKCAT, AS’s and personal statement? Rather than doing all the research about all of the universities yourself. Happy to pay a bit for it. Thanks!
Well the DBS form is just the longest thing ever..
Original post by GuitaringMedic
Well the DBS form is just the longest thing ever..

True dat. I must have done three or four of these for various volunteering/work experience things now.....

And my health assessment form is gonna be a day or two late because the bloodwork for immunisation status still hasn't come back!! :mad:
Original post by Choyster54
True dat. I must have done three or four of these for various volunteering/work experience things now.....

And my health assessment form is gonna be a day or two late because the bloodwork for immunisation status still hasn't come back!! :mad:

Same haha! Looking around for all the ID and trying to find my national insurance number takes forever
Hey y'all. International offer holder at Churchill College - on a gap year. A-level chemistry, biology, maths and physics.

Police record done, immunisation and health forms done, IELTS done... Now the long wait till October! Best of luck to those sitting exams in May/June. Cheers!
Out of curiosity, how many of you offer holders (if any) are doing five A-levels, not including stuff like general studies or Welsh baccalaureate?

Original post by UrbanPapaya
Hey y'all. International offer holder at Churchill College - on a gap year. A-level chemistry, biology, maths and physics.

Police record done, immunisation and health forms done, IELTS done... Now the long wait till October! Best of luck to those sitting exams in May/June. Cheers!

Congratulations! Hopefully I'll see you there in a few months :smile:
Original post by Clai
Out of curiosity, how many of you offer holders (if any) are doing five A-levels, not including stuff like general studies or Welsh baccalaureate?

I'm only doing 3, is this rare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ellipsis...
I'm only doing 3, is this rare?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got no idea sorry :frown: I'm technically doing three as Cambridge don't acknowledge my maths A-level because I completed it in year 12.

Could I ask what subjects you're doing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clai

Thanks! Yup, looking forward to meet everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clai
I've got no idea sorry :frown: I'm technically doing three as Cambridge don't acknowledge my maths A-level because I completed it in year 12.

Could I ask what subjects you're doing?

Bio, chem and maths. What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending