The Student Room Group

A-levels retakes and Medicine. Im a failure!

hi i got my a-levels results and im absolutely shattered. i did modern Hebrew, biology,chemistry physics and maths and i got ABBBB. i really am interested in medicine and am wondering if retaking will make it impossible to get in to medical schools? Im now 17 and will only be turning 18 this year during mid November. i was in a different school before this year that didnt care about A-LEVELS and didnt have any of these subjects except maths. i therefore self taught myself everything. this year my parents placed me in a different school, which is quite good and i went straight to year 13. my a2 results werent that bad but it was my as results that dragged me down. will that be taken into consideration?
please help, i dont know what to do
Original post by theudster
hi i got my a-levels results and im absolutely shattered. i did modern Hebrew, biology,chemistry physics and maths and i got ABBBB. i really am interested in medicine and am wondering if retaking will make it impossible to get in to medical schools? Im now 17 and will only be turning 18 this year during mid November. i was in a different school before this year that didnt care about A-LEVELS and didnt have any of these subjects except maths. i therefore self taught myself everything. this year my parents placed me in a different school, which is quite good and i went straight to year 13. my a2 results werent that bad but it was my as results that dragged me down. will that be taken into consideration?
please help, i dont know what to do

Hey, sorry to hear you're shattered. :hugs:

Some medical schools won't accept retakes, some will accept one or two retakes - so you need to do your research carefully before deciding to resit any exams as it can limit your choice. :smile:

Have you looked up access to medicine courses? They're there to help people who maybe didn't get the right A Level grades. It would be worth looking into this route. :smile:

There's a big thread on this here which would be worth asking in, as people there know more about this than I do :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2112295&page=111

Quick Reply

Latest