The Student Room Group

Need help with A levels recheck

Hey guys, new guy here. Not sure if this the right place to post about this but I'll give it a go. Let me know if I need to post this elsewhere.

Okay, so the thing is, I got my A2 results a few days ago and I have missed an A in Physics by 4 marks because I somehow got all B's in my A2 units even though I was 100% sure I gave REALLY good exams. I remembered most of the questions and checked the answers with my friends(after the exam ended) who ended up getting A*s. And it's not like I did exceptionally bad in just one A2 unit, I seem to have done equally bad in all my A2 physics units even though I was completely certain that I gave really good physics exams.

So my question is, which one of the rechecks would be most effective? I've been hearing rumors that service 4(remark+access to script) is the most effective recheck since they'll be sending back the papers, so they're bound to check the papers properly. Is this true? Or is it just a rumor? I am asking this because I want to send all 3 of my A2 physics units for rechecks but I don't know which type of recheck to send it for. I was opting for the 'remark only' option but a few people have been suggesting me to go for the service 4 'remark+access to script' option(which is a bit more expensive) because apparently there's a better chance of marks changing in the service 4 option.

Can anyone clear this up for me please? I haven't sent my papers for a recheck in my entire A levels so I have no experience regarding this. So I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me which recheck option would be the most effective one. Thanks in advance. :smile:
A lot of that sounds like speculation to be honest. Your best option is to speak to your teachers and ask for their opinion since they've had experience of this. Whether different remark options depends on whether your grade goes up or not is on the realms of conspiracy :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest