The Student Room Group

A Level Results post results services

I picked up my A level results this morning and was 2 marks off an A in AQA Biology, has anyone done a Clerical re-check and if so is it worth it? It's only £9.50 and I get a refund if my grade changes but has anyone actually had/heard of someone getting their grade changed from a recheck? Also if I do it should I do my lowest scoring paper or paper 3 where the essay is?
Hi @betsywats,

I hope you're keeping well .

Firstly, congratulations on your great results!

I'd say it's dependent on the circumstances more than anything.
If, for example, you need the A* to get into your firm choice, then I would 100% recommend asking for a remark. You most likely won't lose your grade, as you're closer to an A* than you are to a B.
I heard somewhere that 1% of clerical re-checks result in a grade change, but don't quote me on that. It is generally advised to have your lowest scoring paper checked just because there is a greater chance of finding an error in a paper with a lower mark.

However, if you have already been accepted into your firm choice, I would not recommend it as you can still lose marks.

Nevertheless, if the thought is killing you, you can still go for it just to kill the curiosity. I know of other people who have done this, and found that nothing really changed, but at least they were satisfied with the result.

I hope this helps :smile:

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative

Quick Reply

Latest