The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE English Literature remark / clerical recheck

I’ve received my results and have done pretty well, almost exact to my expectations, yet have been rather surprised by my result in English Literature. I received a 5 at 68 total marks despite consistently achieving 9s during mocks and lessons, as well as even feeling that I had performed best in the subject. I was simply wondering whether a remark or even a clerical recheck would be warranted in this situation.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by alkhatib18
I’ve received my results and have done pretty well, almost exact to my expectations, yet have been rather surprised by my result in English Literature. I received a 5 at 68 total marks despite consistently achieving 9s during mocks and lessons, as well as even feeling that I had performed best in the subject. I was simply wondering whether a remark or even a clerical recheck would be warranted in this situation.

Thanks

I knew someone whose marks were wrong as half of her paper was not marked (no idea how that happens) and his teacher suggested a remark, and he went from a 5 to an 8 - i dont think it happens much but clearly it does happen. if youre very sure that there might have been a mistake then definitely consider sending the paper back. however if there was no mistake, a remark probably wont change your grade, and worst case scenario it might even decrease your mark
Reply 2
Genuinely think there's been a mistake alike to a paper not being marked, English is one of my best subjects.
Original post by nataaliaaa
I knew someone whose marks were wrong as half of her paper was not marked (no idea how that happens) and his teacher suggested a remark, and he went from a 5 to an 8 - i dont think it happens much but clearly it does happen. if youre very sure that there might have been a mistake then definitely consider sending the paper back. however if there was no mistake, a remark probably wont change your grade, and worst case scenario it might even decrease your mark
Original post by alkhatib18
Genuinely think there's been a mistake alike to a paper not being marked, English is one of my best subjects.

Ask for a priority copy of your scripts from your school. You'll be able to very clearly see if everything was marked on there, and if it was added up correctly. This is free for schools to do (although some charge the candidate a small admin fee per paper), and will help you figure out if a clerical check or a review of marking is a good idea or not :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest