The Student Room Group

A level Sociology or Government and politics?

I have chosen:

english language/literature combined
art

and I'm choosing between 3 other subjects for my other 2 options:

Government and politics
sociology
Psychology (I'm pretty sure I want to do this although I think Sociology and Government and politics would go better together)

***Also, I did really bad at GCSE Law. Would it be a bad idea to do Government and politics? I'm interested in news stories but uninterested in actual law systems.
Law only vaguely comes into one section of most AS Politics courses: the judiciary. Other than that it's very different to Law. Psychology is probably important if you might want to study it at university because it's such a competitive course, but any combination of the subjects you're considering will be absolutely fine. Sociology and Politics could compliment each other nicely, but you should just pick what you most want to study because the best grades are what universities look for, not so much the subjects unless you're looking to go to the elite unis which are extremely selective (Oxbridge, Durham etc.).
Reply 2
Yeah law doesn't really come into Politics much although you will need to become familiar with certain bills and the process they are made/amended.

I took Politics instead of Sociology and now I wish I had chosen the latter. Although, I did find Politics really interesting in A2 because we looked at US Government and Ideologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest