The Student Room Group

psycology sucks!!!!!!!

ive just started my coursework and have no idea what to write. im basing my exp on asch's line experiment but addin a twist to it by seein whether an authority figure increases the chance of comforming. im finding it hard to find background info on this, its probaly me beeing thick and not looking hard enough. ive got no idea wat i can write in my hypothesis.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

LOVE SHELLY
Reply 1
i'm not really sure if i can help, but i can try- i've not started mine yet
to be conformity it has to be a group of peers- therefore by using an authority figure you are changing it to a study of obedience.
try looking at studies of obedience- look at the variations of Milgram's experiments (electric shocks) when he changed the role of the 'teacher' - eg. if they were in the same room as the 'learner', using a phone to give orders or in a seedy office block instead of a uni (less formal). you could also look at Hoffling's experiment into obedience (with the nurses) as this is very ecologically valid + has a real-life authority figure (doctor).
don't know if this helps you at all...hope it does
: )
Reply 2
Unregistered
ive just started my coursework and have no idea what to write. im basing my exp on asch's line experiment but addin a twist to it by seein whether an authority figure increases the chance of comforming. im finding it hard to find background info on this, its probaly me beeing thick and not looking hard enough. ive got no idea wat i can write in my hypothesis.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

LOVE SHELLY

im a mature student and didnt have a clue till last week. try doing zimbardo prison exp. loads of info...
Reply 3
Unregistered
im a mature student and didnt have a clue till last week. try doing zimbardo prison exp. loads of info...but youre right it does suck
Reply 4
Back in Y11 I was part of a class set to do a fast-track AS Psychology. I found it quite interesting and fun, if hard work (well we were also doing GCSEs at the time). We were learning about obedience and conformity when the teacher left and the plug was pulled on the class. Grade for Psychology module 1: X. My point being, I don't think Psychology sucks at all. I would have done the A-Level now, if the timetable didn't mean it clashed with G&P, and I chose G&P. Mickey mouse subject? So what, it's interesting to me!
Reply 5
ZJuwelH
Back in Y11 I was part of a class set to do a fast-track AS Psychology. I found it quite interesting and fun, if hard work (well we were also doing GCSEs at the time). We were learning about obedience and conformity when the teacher left and the plug was pulled on the class. Grade for Psychology module 1: X. My point being, I don't think Psychology sucks at all. I would have done the A-Level now, if the timetable didn't mean it clashed with G&P, and I chose G&P. Mickey mouse subject? So what, it's interesting to me!

it is nearly 1 am so my brain aint functioning properly so i will read this in the morning

Latest

Trending

Trending