The Student Room Group

A level Sociology. Is it worth it?

I've picked A level sociology instead of biology. Was this a good choice? I want to work in the legal field (particularly as a solicitor) in the future. So the subjects that i chose are: psycology, sociology and economics. Would these be good? (I know that to do law you don't need a particular set of a levels to study, but doing biology seemes kind of risky.)
Original post by Sukhmani22
I've picked A level sociology instead of biology. Was this a good choice? I want to work in the legal field (particularly as a solicitor) in the future. So the subjects that i chose are: psycology, sociology and economics. Would these be good? (I know that to do law you don't need a particular set of a levels to study, but doing biology seemes kind of risky.)

Hi @Sukhmani22

There really is no need to study any subjects in specific when pursuing law so whichever you would prefer to do is the better option. One of the most important things with law, is achieving high grades which is best done when you like what you are studying! I wouldn't be put off science subjects because they don't seem to use the obvious skills required by lawyers. In fact, most subjects will benefit your legal skills somehow and lots of firms/chambers like when individuals have backgrounds in different areas as they often have a different way of approaching problems and can bring new knowledge to their practice. Saying this, the A Levels you have chosen will be as equally beneficial so if you want to change because you are more interested/ fancy doing something else then do but if you want to stick with your choice then that is also fine!

I hope this helps and good luck 🙂

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest