The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here applying for politics and international relations? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Is anyone applying for Law? Or a law course? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Just got an email about an "informal" interview and visit day to the ECS department regarding my application for BSc Computer Science. Anyone here also going/know any information about the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a conditional offer for english today! Anyone else?? :smile:
I've had an offer for Mechanical Engineering. I did a 4 day residential at Southampton via the Sutton Trust, as I live fairly close to it. Really nice uni.
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
I've had an offer for Mechanical Engineering. I did a 4 day residential at Southampton via the Sutton Trust, as I live fairly close to it. Really nice uni.

Congratulations man, what was your offer?
When did you send your application in? And what were your grades like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devran22
Congratulations man, what was your offer?
When did you send your application in? And what were your grades like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!
The offer was A*AA.
My UCAS application was sent off on the 8th of October.
I got 4A's at AS, with an average of 96.9% UMS across Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
I've carried on all 4 to A2, and I'm predicted 4A*'s.
Best of luck with your application. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks!
The offer was A*AA.
My UCAS application was sent off on the 8th of October.
I got 4A's at AS, with an average of 96.9% UMS across Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
I've carried on all 4 to A2, and I'm predicted 4A*'s.
Best of luck with your application. :smile:

Smart cookie, is Southampton your first? It's mine for mechanical engineering, maybe we will meet next year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smart cookie, is Southampton your first? It's mine for mechanical engineering, maybe we will meet next year :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, no. Really hope I get an offer from Cambridge. If not, then I'll probably go to Bath. Realistically, Southampton is 4th choice. :redface:
Reply 89
Original post by LouieSax
Hey guys :smile:
I thought I'd better start a thread looking for people who are applying for the University of Southampton for September 2015 entry? Thought we'd better start with a list of questions:

-What course are you thinking of applying for?
- What are you currently studying?
-Why the University of Southampton?
-Have you attended any open days or visits to the university?

I thought we could use this thread to keep updated on applications and just general news about the University of Southampton :smile:

Course: Children's nursing :biggrin:
Studying: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology & Maths
Why ? Southampton is the 4th best Uni in the country for nursing and 98% of graduates get jobs within 6 months. But honestly, Southampton is a beautiful place. I've always wanted to be a children's nurse so this could be the place where my dreams begin
I haven't been to any open days unfortunately :frown:
Unfortunately, no. Really hope I get an offer from Cambridge. If not, then I'll probably go to Bath. Realistically, Southampton is 4th choice. :redface:

Mount see you at Bath then :tongue: Cambridge, I heard it's more lecture based then work based that'd why I didn't try, doubt I'd get in with my crap GCSE. Anyway good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mount see you at Bath then :tongue: Cambridge, I heard it's more lecture based then work based that'd why I didn't try, doubt I'd get in with my crap GCSE. Anyway good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:
Got an email from Southampton inviting me to interview, asking me to reserve a place on a day but the "Auto-Login" system doesn't seem to be working, it's asking me for a username and password? Anyone know what to do?
Reply 93
Original post by Chlorophile
Got an email from Southampton inviting me to interview, asking me to reserve a place on a day but the "Auto-Login" system doesn't seem to be working, it's asking me for a username and password? Anyone know what to do?

Do you mean on UCAS or on Email? If its UCAS there should be a "Forgot your log in details?" button to click to retreive your details via email. The same should apply to if you have forgotten your log in details for your email adress. If you don;t mind me asking, did Southampton Uni ask you to interview through track or through email? I sent my application off recently and the email I received said that they would keep in touch directly through email, so that's why I'm asking. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance. :smile:
Do you mean on UCAS or on Email? If its UCAS there should be a "Forgot your log in details?" button to click to retreive your details via email. The same should apply to if you have forgotten your log in details for your email adress. If you don;t mind me asking, did Southampton Uni ask you to interview through track or through email? I sent my application off recently and the email I received said that they would keep in touch directly through email, so that's why I'm asking. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance. :smile:

No, this is different. They sent an email inviting me to interview, asking me to reserve an interview date through their system. However, there was a fault in the system and they sent another email a few hours later giving us the correct link, solving the issue.

Southampton sent me the interview invite via email (but I got the invite almost a month after submitting my application and it's not a very popular course so it'll probably take time!).
Reply 95
Original post by Chlorophile
No, this is different. They sent an email inviting me to interview, asking me to reserve an interview date through their system. However, there was a fault in the system and they sent another email a few hours later giving us the correct link, solving the issue.

Southampton sent me the interview invite via email (but I got the invite almost a month after submitting my application and it's not a very popular course so it'll probably take time!).

So just to clarify, you are trying to log onto their systems but the auto-log in isn't working? Maybe you should email them and find out what the issue is? I hope this helps :smile:
So just to clarify, you are trying to log onto their systems but the auto-log in isn't working? Maybe you should email them and find out what the issue is? I hope this helps :smile:

I was trying to log into their systems and it wasn't working. But as I said, they sent us another email a few hours later informing us that this was due to a system fault and they gave us the correct link. But thanks :smile:
Is anyone applying for Economics?
Reply 98
Hello!
I've applied for BN Adult and Mental Health Nursing! I'm currently studying Access to HE in Health Sciences after taking a year out after my AS year of college. University of Southampton is my first choice as only 2 unis do the joint degree I really would like to do, so pressure's on to get in to either Southampton or Oxford Brooke's! Haven't attended any open days as yet, hedging my bets on having a look around if I get an interview!
I hate waiting... Ahh!!
Anyone else on here applied/applying for Natural Sciences at Southampton?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending