The Student Room Group

Cant decide where to apply

I know there are probably a billion other threads like this, but I don't think the information is the same for us graduates.

So got 700 in my ukcat :frown: and I'm not sure if it's worth applying to a ukcat uni. So I'm planning to apply to Imperial and UCL, if I do well on the BMAT then I think I will stand a reasonable chance. But other than that I'm not sure where else I could apply. I am looking to apply to 2 other unis where I would stand the best chance to get an interview and based on my research I've narrowed it down to; Aberdeen, Bristol, Keele, Leicester, QUB, Sheffield and East Anglia.

Now, based on my stats, my question is where would I stand the best chance of getting an interview? Are there any other unis that I may have overlooked? Any advice in general? :smile:

My Stats;
GCSEs : 1A*,8As, 2B (not that great)
A-levels : AAA in biology, chemistry and maths
Degree : 1st in biomedical sciences
Wrk/exp : 2+ years GP surgery, 1 week in nephrology, due to start as HCA in hospital, 1 day pathology museum, 1 week in WHO, 1 week shadowing my GP.

Thank you for your time and any help would be appreciated :smile:
Are you applying to any Graduate-entry programs?
You should definitely apply for QUB! You are nearly guaranteed an interview with 36/36 for your A levels and 5 out of a possible 6 points for UKCAT.
Reply 3
Yes definitely QUB, how about Glasgow and Southampton though with that UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for the replies guys :smile:

Original post by theresheglows
Are you applying to any Graduate-entry programs?

Only one, at Imperial. They don't look at UKCAT (thank god!)

Original post by cestlavie10
You should definitely apply for QUB! You are nearly guaranteed an interview with 36/36 for your A levels and 5 out of a possible 6 points for UKCAT.

Thank you for your reply! Yeah that was one I was looking at and I might just go for it.

Original post by em.d_4
Yes definitely QUB, how about Glasgow and Southampton though with that UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

QUB is defo on my top four choices now haha. With glasgow, I thought they rank people by UKCAT? So it might be bit of a risk. And I thought southampton are very ukcat heavy too?
Reply 5
Original post by AnushkasHero
Thank you for the replies guys :smile:

Only one, at Imperial. They don't look at UKCAT (thank god!)

Thank you for your reply! Yeah that was one I was looking at and I might just go for it.

QUB is defo on my top four choices now haha. With glasgow, I thought they rank people by UKCAT? So it might be bit of a risk. And I thought southampton are very ukcat heavy too?

Glasgow do rank by UKCAT but 700 was last year's cut off and scores are 30 points lower this year on average

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em.d_4
Glasgow do rank by UKCAT but 700 was last year's cut off and scores are 30 points lower this year on average

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok, I'll definitely have a look at that too. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending