The Student Room Group

Anyone with 2A*s do medicine?

Anyone doing medicine with 2A*s at GCSE?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2A*s
Reply 2
No one...
lol anyone?
2A* in what?
I am applying with only 3..
Original post by VonDoom
Anyone doing medicine with 2A*s?

Depends on how many As, I am applying next year(depending on A-levels) with 0 A*.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Depends on how many As, I am applying next year(depending on A-levels) with 0 A*.

did you get 10As
Original post by Angelo12231
did you get 10As

6As + extenuating circumstances(pretty bad, really stopped me from getting *s lol)
6As + extenuating circumstances(pretty bad, really stopped me from getting *s lol)

i see :biggrin: at least you got more As than Bs
Original post by emma_1111
I am applying with only 3..

ill be applying with 3 too :\ and 8As + 1b
ill be applying with 3 too :\ and 8As + 1b

It's good enough, lol. Unless you go to my college where the teacher considers anyone who wants to do medicine with less than 6A* as a retard, then your set, Good luck on AS :biggrin:
It's good enough, lol. Unless you go to my college where the teacher considers anyone who wants to do medicine with less than 6A* as a retard, then your set, Good luck on AS :biggrin:

lol, my school thinks having 6As 4bs is all you need, good luck to you too, must aim for 4/5 As and apply to AS savy uunis :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
lol, my school thinks having 6As 4bs is all you need, good luck to you too, must aim for 4/5 As and apply to AS savy uunis :colone:

I am doing a gap year, but should hopefully get that AAA, im in A2 now :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Jaska
2A* in what?

Oh sorry, GCSEs.
Reply 15
So can someone please tell me who got into medicine with 2A*s?
Reply 16
Hellooo
A girl in my swimming club is going off to Liverpool University this year to do medicine with only 1 A* but she had 9 As! Liverpool class A*/A as the same when scoring applicants so she wrote a good personal statement/did relevant work experience and she got an interview, did well in that and got an offer :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by kdizzle97
A girl in my swimming club is going off to Liverpool University this year to do medicine with only 1 A* but she had 9 As! Liverpool class A*/A as the same when scoring applicants so she wrote a good personal statement/did relevant work experience and she got an interview, did well in that and got an offer :smile:

Wow, just hope my B becomes an A then I have 2A*s and 8As!
Original post by VonDoom
Wow, just hope my B becomes an A then I have 2A*s and 8As!

They base it on your 9 best GCSES including Maths, English Lang and the 3 sciences or core and additional L) So unless the B was in one of those subjects then you don't need to worry assuming the admission criteria doesn't change :biggrin:
http://www.liv.ac.uk/media/livacuk/schoolofmedicine/A,level.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending